Fabia condensation------will this work?

LOTS of posts asbout this problem,and my fabias got it to------------just a thought-------

how about using "DENZO" tape to fix the problem-------------is horrible stuff but keeps water out ,its used on unground cables,drain pipes etc etc etc

any ideas guys?

it might work, ...... wont know until you try lol

i did mine today when I was at work took me half an hour.... was unplanned and spare of the moment thing... I was in our stores and found a silicone gun with something init called tec7... Had a read of the tube and it said it was for wet application and didnt dry hard and stayed flexible... so i took it and did it in the work car park...

just looked it up on the net

" * For all applications, as well in building, bathroom as in general maintenance TEC7 replaces: mounting, wood and P.U. adhesive, silicone sealants, sanitary silicone sealants, acrylic sealants, butyl rubber sealants.

* As universal adhesive TEC7 bonds to most surfaces and does not attack synthetic material.

* On mirrors (vertical strips), on natural stone (does not bleed through), polyester, polystyrene foam, wet surfaces, even under water.

* Repaintable with all common paints."

its made by NOVATECH and is about £8 a tube

website

you can get this from builders merchants etc

Edited by mudyf0x

i got stuff out of homebase, £4.50 or something it cost, borrowed a gun and it also took me around half an hour...

i did my rear ones a couple of weeks ago but noticed the drivers side was starting to dry up but the passenger wells were still soaking, so today i did the front carriers too, from the amount of water at the bottom of the door cards it looks like they were just as bad as the rear, tomorrow i'm going to go out with the girlfriends hairdrier and dry them, hopefully that'll be my 'sexy time windows' gone :thumbup:

did you break any of the clips holding the door card on when you were doing it? ive been told to get loads of new ones just in case. tom.

didnt break any ....just stuck a long screwdriver under the panel and gave a hard yank and popped the first clip then moved around until all popped, some of the clips did remain in the door thou, removed them by grabbing them with a pair of snips

Guest BigJase88

denso tape could work!

is a good idea actually!

seal it first with some gutter sealant then go wild with the denso!

deffo won't leak then!

there's also that clay electrical stuff....

we just call it jobby paste at work can't remember its real name