Front end clonking

nickfel

My old mans Fabia 1400 Classic ,w reg, keeps having this intemitant clocking at the front end. It sounds like a broken spring but its not. It had one fitted the other week for its MOT and I thought it would cure it, but if anything its got worse. I presume this could be with have the car being jacked up for its test.. It had a new anti roll bar fitted three years ago, at 38k, so I presume it isn't that? Could it be the console bushes? It's nothing the car could fail its test on anyway.

Its driving the old guy nuts, and he keeps whinging to me about it, so driving me nuts as well :wub::wub::wub:

I had a clunking from mine when i bought it, turned out to be the shock itself (don't know how the garage it went into didn't notice this was the noise, they replaced drop link, top mount, ball joint and track rod end) which i suppose was good for me!!

It could be...

Console Bush(s),

ARB bush(s),

Strut,

Top Mount (+bearing),

Drop Link(s),

ARB collars (the bits that hold it to the chassis),

CV Joint,

Loose brake Calliper,

Front wishbone bush,

Ball joint,

Track rod end,

Could be any of these, but it's a list to cross off if you know for sure it's not one of them :thumbup: