Radio Code

Wonder if anybody can help me witha problem with my stream radio for my 07 plate octavia.

i fitted a new battery a week ago since then the the radio has refused to work ,

i got the car about a year ago which didnt include any paperwork code included.

so i booked it in at the dealers last friday as it as to be hooked up to the computer

this i did but they was unable to read it they surgested i take it to a audio specalist

to have a new code entered into it they were unable to do this has they didnt have

any softwear for it and also told me no one else would , i have tried 5 other audio firms

and these also drew a blank. On the plus side Bickertons (dealers will sell me a new one for

£475) . Any other ideas would be most welcome

Wonder if anybody can help me witha problem with my stream radio for my 07 plate octavia.

i fitted a new battery a week ago since then the the radio has refused to work ,

i got the car about a year ago which didnt include any paperwork code included.

so i booked it in at the dealers last friday as it as to be hooked up to the computer

this i did but they was unable to read it they surgested i take it to a audio specalist

to have a new code entered into it they were unable to do this has they didnt have

any softwear for it and also told me no one else would , i have tried 5 other audio firms

and these also drew a blank. On the plus side Bickertons (dealers will sell me a new one for

£475) . Any other ideas would be most welcome

If you can't get it recoded, ebay: http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/SKODA-STREAM-MODEL-SINGLE-CD-D-DIN-SIZE-EXCELLENT-04-/260690344745?pt=UK_Audio_TV_Electronics_In_Car_Entertainment_GPS_In_Car_Audio_Players_PP&hash=item3cb25afb29

Heh there mate

On my old Fabia had the same problem, lost radio following a new battery.

Took it to local dealer who said they could not do anything but would happily sell me a new radio.

Rang Skoda who said that a dealer would have access to codes on their system.

Rang the dealer where the car was originally bought, they gave me the code over the phone at no charge.

Might be worth contacting the dealer who originally supplied the vehicle?

Heh there mate

On my old Fabia had the same problem, lost radio following a new battery.

Took it to local dealer who said they could not do anything but would happily sell me a new radio.

Rang Skoda who said that a dealer would have access to codes on their system.

Rang the dealer where the car was originally bought, they gave me the code over the phone at no charge.

Might be worth contacting the dealer who originally supplied the vehicle?

hi thanks for replying tried what you surgested the only thing to do with a radio code was 4 letters,

i unerstand that its a code by numbers thanks anyway