Ipod into standard radio cassette

The cd changer in my 2001 Ambiente has fallen foul of the leaking rear wash, my choice was to buy a new changer, a new cd headunit ... or try and connect my iphone to the standard headunit.

I took the plunge and bought one of these;

Aux in connector leads

VERY impressed indeed, it connects in place of the blue cd changer plug, and the box sits in the cubby hole under the stereo.

No connection with the vendor, posted as there is little on these pages on this subject for those of us who just want a cheap solution rather than spend mega bucks on a new headunit

I have a similar adapter (mine's a Grom box) which does the job nicely. I bought a 30gb iPod for £45 and it prett much just lives there. I mounted the box up inside the dash and ran the leas out to the shelf where the OBD port is located. The stereo treats it as a cd changer and you can control the playlists with the cd number buttons.

I use a connects 2 ipod interface. Replaces the changer control but I do not use it anyway. Works fine and you can control it from the head unit or the changer. Its linked to the standard symphony tape deck. It only cost me about £20 from ebay.