Weird sound while turning.

stratosg

Hi there,

While parking and having the rear window's defrost button activated (orange) i heard a tik tik tik tik tik tik (or tsik tsik tsik tsik) sound while turning the steering wheel left or right. Then i deactivated the defrost button and the sound stopped.

I visited my dealer and asked him to try this combination, activated rear window defrost button and turning the steering wheel, on a brand new Fabia 1.2Tsi. So he did and the sound appeared on the Fabia too. Then i asked a friend of mine owner of a Roomster Scout 1.2Tsi to try the same combination and he heard the same sound. The sound seems to come from the fuse box at the driver's side in my country, at the passenger's side at yours, and it sounds like a relay changing condition (on / off) constantly as long as the steering wheel turns from one side to another

So you are kindly requested to test your vehicles and report here the results, Fabia 1.2Tsi owners may help to my inquiry too as the Yeti 1.2Tsi owners since i don't have any friend of mine been owner of a Yeti 1.2Tsi to test his car too.

Thank all of you in advance, Stratos.

It could be because the powersteering pump and defroster both use a large amount of power and therefore the computer priorities the steering hence the defroster appears to click off and on.

Thank you for your post. Did it happen to your car too? If so why didn't they put a bigger battery?

Well this is my third Skoda car. Previous were an 1.6 Octavia MY 02 and a Fabia 1.2 12v MY 06, but none of them had that issue.

• 2 weeks later...

I was also asking myself if I heard a weird noise while making a full left or right turn but I thought it must be the road because there was some gravel there, be shure that I will try this combination and let you know what happened as soon as I can. Greetings.