Goodbye Octy VRS Hello Superb Estate

digitrac

Hi All,

Quite a while since I posted on here!!!

I placed an order for a Superb Elegance Estate 2.0 Tdi 170 on 03/08/2010 and I am told the car will finally arrive in December (Not quite sure when yet!!)

This will be my third brand new Skoda (1st Mk1 Octy VRS 1.8T Hatch - 2nd Mk2 Octy VRS Tdi PD Estate) so I hope I will be as impressed as I have been with the other two besides the fuel consumption of the the PD :(

I have ordered the following for £22.9K:

Amethyst, Onyx & metallic inserts

Themistos

Park assist

Auto dimming mirror

Sunset glass

Floor mats

Rear window blinds

Boot net

Variable boot floor

Mobile device I/F

Rear side airbags

Space saver wheel

Really looking forward to getting it now and I hope I won't be overwhelmed by all the gadgets!

My only worry is will I miss the sporty handling of my VRS?

Hope not because I need the space as the kids are growing but I'm not quite ready for pipe and slippers!!

The Superb estate does show it's size if you throw it into a fast bend, it ain't no vRS!

Overall, considering it's size it handles pretty well.

It's a small price to pay for such a fantastic car, you'll love it!

• 3 weeks later...

Just a quick update for those interested in order/delivery times.

My car has arrived at the dealer and I have arranged to pick it up on Thursday 30th from the broker.

So to sum up:

My car was ordered on 03/08/2010

Due to be delivered 30/12/2010

21 weeks!!

The longest I've ever had to wait for a new car but not so bothered now it's here!!

Regards,

Dave (digitrac)

My car has arrived at the dealer and I have arranged to pick it up on Thursday 30th from the broker.

So to sum up:

21 weeks!!

The longest I've ever had to wait for a new car but not so bothered now it's here!!

Regards,

Dave (digitrac)

Spare a thought for Yeti owners. And especially those that dared to order a sunroof. I ordered in April and THIRTY THREE WEEKS later, yes 33 weeks, I finally got my car on the 24th of November! But so worth it. Enjoy your car when you get it.

So to sum up:

21 weeks!!

Regards,

Dave (digitrac)

Had mine for 2 weeks now and put 2800+ miles on it, so it's had a good run in.

You are not as involved in the driving experience as you would have been with the vRS but you will find it easier to drive and not so much front wheel chatter with the smoother torgue band.

Comfortable for eating up the miles and enough poke when you need it.

The Columbus is a big improvement on the previous nav unit and very easy to use.

Enjoy your new wheels!

• 2 weeks later...

Picked it up today...

Gotta say I'm very impressed!!!

Still getting used to everything and discovering all the fine details but the whole quality of the car is fantastic with lots of nice touches and satnav v7

Minor niggle - No footrest on the accelerator side which I will miss from the Octy when using cruise control :-(

When I find out how to post images I will!! (Forum must have changed since 2006!!!)

Cheers Dave

Edited by digitrac

I might be doing a similar swap - PD vRS to a Superb Estate. However, my co. car scheme is a bit on the tight side and so I will probably end up with an SE Greenline.

I'd be interested in hearing your thoughts on the change as you go along.

Steve

Looks very nice Dave :thumbup: I see Telfords supplied your car as well (as mine) have you checked the LED light in the boot is present ? (mine is missing :thumbdown: )

Who was the supplying broker?

Looks very nice Dave :thumbup: I see Telfords supplied your car as well (as mine) have you checked the LED light in the boot is present ? (mine is missing :thumbdown: )

Who was the supplying broker?

Thank you very much - Really pleased with it

Just been out to check the boot - I can confirm the LED light/torch is present!!

I think you answered the second question yourself with your next post!!

Picked it up today...

Gotta say I'm very impressed!!!

Still getting used to everything and discovering all the fine details but the whole quality of the car is fantastic with lots of nice touches and satnav v7

Minor niggle - No footrest on the accelerator side which I will miss from the Octy when using cruise control :-(

When I find out how to post images I will!! (Forum must have changed since 2006!!!)

Cheers Dave

Pleased to see it has arrived for you!

I ordered mine through Telfords as they are my local dealer.

We ordered our cars at the same time. Mine was collected on the 3rd December. I wonder if having a broker in the mix extended your delivery time a little as I can't see the options chosen delaying delivery.

But, HeyHo, its here now so all is well with the world!

Re the footrest on cruise, I noticed the same thing initialy but find there is sufficient room on the wheel arch to rest the foot and now I don't notice it.

I loved the vRS and prior to delivery, I kept getting doubt if I had done the right thing in ordering the Superb Estate. I needn't have worried.

The power is far more subtle and often find myself suprised when I look down at the speedo. So much so, I have put the Road Angel back in.

Enjoy! :thumbup:

No my car was not ordered through evolution (not sure that is the name of the company I went up to?), they were just acting as the middle men to enable me to collect the car due to an almighty balls up and pack of lies by ### & ********** (names WILL be revealed next week if the missing items and delivery charge are not forthcoming emoticon-0121-angry.gif

No my car was not ordered through evolution (not sure that is the name of the company I went up to?), they were just acting as the middle men to enable me to collect the car due to an almighty balls up and pack of lies by ### & ********** (names WILL be revealed next week if the missing items and delivery charge are not forthcoming emoticon-0121-angry.gif

Hi Know this sounds silly but regarding the missing light have you checked the Spare wheel well as mine was in there as thats the position for transit an mine was missed on PDI but i found it in the well

After making a fuss ooppss !!!

Cheers Andy

Yes I double checked the spare wheel well when I collected the car as I initially couldn't find the locking wheel nut tool either - that was until I removed the insert and the jack and there it was, I also checked places like the glovebox etc but nothing was found, so it has either been missed on the PDI or taken by someone?