Scout foglight replacement

Six months down the line, and my new shiny car is already suffering. That nice 'new car smell' has been replaced with the odour of wet labrador, and the scratchy hedges down the Devon lanes are taking their toll on the paintwork :-(

I now have a cracked front foglight lens on the driver's side. Once the local dealer organised themselves enough to deal with this very complicated issue (don't get me started!), they have quoted me £50.44 for the entire foglight assembly (glass not available separately), and £64.50 for fitting = £114.94! Is is just me, or does this seem expensive!!?

I haven't been able to find a source which can supply a new light for much cheaper, but just wondering if anyone has any experience of fitting one of these - could a reasonable incompetent home mechanic (me!) manage it?

Sounds expensive when you add it up, but £50 for an entire assembly and an hours labour for £60 sounds fair.

Follow the instructions in the manual for replacing a bulb, I'm sure once access is gained removing the light itself should'nt be difficult.

If I remember correctly from a previous thread it is similar to the vRS in that you access it from underneath the car after removing a plastic panel...

Thank your lucky stars its not a Nissan. probably a couple of hundred for the light

A 350Z badge was £57 + vat

One option might be to trawl the scrappies, before doing so try & find what other VAG cars have the same light, Skoda wont have designed a bespoke unit just for the Scout