ABS and Traction Control HELP!

ok iv check my skoda fabia and it dosent have ABS, i was wondering if there is a way of fitting abs onto the car.

also im not too sure if my car has traction control or stability control, in the snow i had no control at all, the back constantly wanted to kick out. :|

im terribly sorry if these questions are silly or stupid im very new to driving as im only 17 and have only passed 4 months ago

the cars a skoda fabia 1.4 mpi

thanks a million :D

How old is the car? I'd be surprised if it doesn't have ABS, although in snow and ice, it's next to useless anyway.

You won't have any traction control or stability control however, other than your hands and feet ;)

You need to be very smooth in slippery conditions, if the back wants to slide out, you were probably going a bit too fast and lifted off in the turn. Make sure you get slowed down before you turn so you can use the throttle to maintain speed. Don't steer suddenly, use engine braking to slow you down as much as possible and use the brakes very gently.

Have a read of this thread, as snow driving is discussed very well there:

http://briskoda.net/forums/topic/182441-skidding-in-the-snow/

Edited by Mike Wrightson