DSG drops it cogs on left hand turns

I have noticed that when I turn left the DSG box drops down into say second gear even when I am going steady.

In contrast on a right turn it stays obstinately in 3rd or 4th gear. Anyone else had this?

If it were the other way around it would make more sense as one is far more likely to need to accelerate quickly on a right turn in the UK.

Could be a faulty mechatronic unit as this causes strange gearchange behaviour. My superb remains in the same gear whichever way I turn.

The DSG box also learns your driving style, and is an auto so you may need to apply more throttle leaving the corner to have it change down, a lot more throttle than you would expect to use.

Could be a faulty mechatronic unit as this causes strange gearchange behaviour. My superb remains in the same gear whichever way I turn.

The DSG box also learns your driving style, and is an auto so you may need to apply more throttle leaving the corner to have it change down, a lot more throttle than you would expect to use.

Well if the mechatronic is going to fail then I hope it goes soon within warranty !

could it be a fault with the XDS. i know mine sometimes feels like its excessively limiting the revs during cornering

I dont think it would be the XDS as it happens even when taking it very steady and only on left turns, not for instance left hand corners at speed.