Oil Pressure Light / Loud Diesel Tickover

capoot

Evening All,

just looking for a bit of advice really. In mid october I had the oil pressure light come on, 500 miles away from home when I was in Devon, I pulled over got towed to a garage who'd done an oil pressure test and replaced the pressure sensor, the problem then went away....

I was out in the car in Bham and it came back on around 15 miles outside Bham, as I got into Bham I noticed as pulling into a car park the car sounded like a Diesel! I was recoverd back to Leicester and its gone into the garage because i'm under Skoda Approved Warranty.

They've cleaned the strainer which was full of sludge and then started again, the diesel noise is still there...

The question is, am I looking at a chewed up top end?

If you have any thought please share!

Thanks,

Dan

Guest westallc

more likely bottom end bearing buggerd

imo oil starvation and pressure loss will result in failures of top bottom and turbo

what should imo happen is the engine be stripped and checked to make sure there had been no damaged caused by the loss of pressure/ oil starvation

i suspect you need anew engine

more likely bottom end bearing buggerd

imo oil starvation and pressure loss will result in failures of top bottom and turbo

what should imo happen is the engine be stripped and checked to make sure there had been no damaged caused by the loss of pressure/ oil starvation

i suspect you need anew engine

That's really not wanted to hear.... Would this be a result from the blocked strainer then I assume?

Dan

Guest westallc

most of the time pressure issue's or starvation issue are due to a blocked strainer

this isnt a service item but imo it should chaged once a year to stop this

if its under warranty isnt it coverd?????