making my mind up

rastajambo

Hello everybody, first post so no idea where it will end up, probably the numpties section. Anyhoo's, over the last month i having been considering purchasing a new car, Octy VRS, and i having been reading with interest the various comments about the car which has basically made my mind up in purchasing one. So thanks for all the info and guidance in 'making my mind up'.

Official Bucks Fizz member. :o

I have owned two Octavia VRS' in the last year' date=' I have been very impressed with both of them.

Have you taken a test drive in one yet ?

Let me know.

Simon[/quote']

Hi Simon,

Have not had a test drive in one yet, but my sister has a better job than me and earns too much money :o she has a LCR 225 which i have driven several times :D . There is 3 used ones currently at St Andrews Skoda and 2 private ones for sale near my area, so hoping to get one very soon. Does the Octy VRS have the same engine as the LCR.

Cheers

Same engine,different turbo,LCR has a K04 and the Octy has a K03s.

the LCR has 2 intercoolers infront of each wheel and the Octy only has 1.

due to this the LCR can be re-mapped to a greater BHP,upto 270bhp+ where as the Octy can only be re-mapped up to 220-230bhp without changing anything else.

but i would recommend that before you do the remap is to change some other bits to enable you to get better results from a re-map.

but before all that engine stuff get the Nuespeed Rear Anti-Roll Bar kit for the Octy,improves the handling loads.

another questions feel free to ask or do a search and you'll be able to find out answers to most of your questions.

oh and Welcome:D

Cheers for the info Alex much appreciated. Don't think i will be telling me sister about the re-map to 270bhp. No idea what KO4 or KO3S means, but assume its a bigger turbo. 2 intercoolers on the LCR thats very interesting. Would this be a future mod for the Octy VRS for better cooling? Sorry to ask questions, but i suppose i will learn more in due course. How good is the re-map? I see you have something called a Carbonio CAI, what type of mod is it?

Duffus apologises in advance.

Cheers for the info Alex much appreciated. Don't think i will be telling me sister about the re-map to 270bhp. No idea what KO4 or KO3S means' date=' but assume its a bigger turbo. 2 intercoolers on the LCR thats very interesting. Would this be a future mod for the Octy VRS for better cooling? Sorry to ask questions, but i suppose i will learn more in due course. How good is the re-map? I see you have something called a Carbonio CAI, what type of mod is it?

Duffus apologises in advance.[/quote']

Get into your local dealer and get a test drive in the VRS, It's a lot of money to spend so you need to have more of an idea of what you are getting from the car, I will warn you though you will probably pop in to see your bank manager on the way back from the test drive. The first time I drove the VRS I was very impressed and wanted the car straight away, managed to get the car a month later.

Also the Carbonio kit is a carbon fibire induction kit which is quite impresive in its self, I have recently fitted one on my VRS and feel it's worth the