Problem Installing new head unit

sionhughes

Morning all!

Finally got round to ordering the kit I need to intall my old Alpine 9871 head unit into the vRS. Fascia adapter arrived this morning, but I can't figure out how on earth to get it in. I removed the Symphony head unit with no issues and then the two little side spacers either side of the symphony and then I was left with a plastic frame kind of thing screwed in by Torx. Do I need to remove this to fit the fascia adapter listed below?

This is the item I have bought: here

If anyone has used anything like this, I would appreciate any advice.

Cheers.

You didn't really need to buy that. :no:

Skoda manufacture a small infill strip to go above a standard din e stereo.

It's about 3 to 4 quid and should match the dash perfectly.

Then the aperture should allow direct fitment of an aftermarket stereos cage.

Fabia Dashboard Radio Surround

6Y0 857 231 B41 (Satin Black)

:thumbup:

You didn't really need to buy that. :no:

Skoda manufacture a small infill strip to go above a standard din e stereo.

It's about 3 to 4 quid and should match the dash perfectly.

Then the aperture should allow direct fitment of an aftermarket stereos cage.

Fabia Dashboard Radio Surround

6Y0 857 231 B41 (Satin Black)

:thumbup:

I sort of found that this morning, when googling how on earth to fit this in! Now I've paid for this fascia, I wouldn't mind getting it fitted rather than spend £4 again! :'(

The plastic on the fascia I received actually is pretty similar to rest of the dash.

i bought the same fascia for my fabia and the clips arein the wrong place. I had to cut them off and superglue it in place. The asr button used to stick on cos of the fascia as well.in the end i went to skoda and bought the wee strip, works much better!! :thumbup:

i bought the same fascia for my fabia and the clips arein the wrong place. I had to cut them off and superglue it in place. The asr button used to stick on cos of the fascia as well.in the end i went to skoda and bought the wee strip, works much better!! :thumbup:

Thanks for the info. I have contacted the seller asking for a refund as the item is not suitable for it's advertised purpose.

Can anyone confirm that this item here is the same that Skoda offer?

Thanks.

Just called Furrow's Skoda in Oswestry and ordered the official part - quoted £2.50 + vat on the phone. Not a bad price for the part, and it will be available to pick up on Wednesday.

The ebay seller has agreed to take part I bought off them, that was obviously incorrect fitting.

Thanks for your help guys.