Rear wiper noise/ judder

NeilH

Apologies if this has been covered before - no doubt it has, but I couldn't find anything when searching. :S

What's the best solution for a juddery/ noisy rear wiper? The blade seems in fine condition.

Cheers

Assuming the glass and blade have been thoroughly cleaned and if it is a conventional wiper it could be that the joints in the blade support have worn and the blade isn't flipping over as it changes direction. You may need a new complete blade rather than just the rubber. It may be that the glass still has a film of grease on it. Have you tried cleaning with a cream based glass cleaner? or I find Cif/Jif effective if you don't have a specific car based cleaner

Try rotating the blade.180 degrees. fixed.mine.nicely

Ditto - did this on my 2004vRS a while ago and it was still fine when I sold it this July

Cheers for the input chaps. Will switch the blade 180 degrees tomorrow and see how that goes. :thumbup:

Fatbloke: I've tried cleaning the screen and wiper blade with AutoGlym glass polish in the past - didn't make any difference.