New Octavia Central locking Problem

Hi there,

Just got a brand new octavia estate from my company and I can't fault it apart from 1 thing. It doesn't have remote central locking, only key operated.

This has become an unbearable pain in the bum so I have bought a kit from ebay to fit myself.

I was told by the company I got it from the the central door locking that it works on a single cable negative single to unlock and interupt to lock. He has supplied me with a simple wiring diagram for the unit but I need to know which wire inside the drivers door I need to attach my unit to.

He said there were two black plugs on the control unit behind the door card. A small one and a large one. He said the wire is on the large one but doesn't know which one it is.

Can anyone help ???? I am getting desperate.

Thanks

Scott

I to am struggling with this as well I have a Octavia Classic (Jan'07) and also bought a remote upgrade kit from ebay from www.ultimatecarparts.co.uk.

So I contacted a few local leccies in Jersey but they were unable to help as there was no wiring diagram available for Octavia 2 + it is CanBus.

Note, afterwards I contacted below but because there was no local lecci who wanted to install the kit I did not proceed - but they were very helpfull;

Catherine Myatt

SPAL Automotive UK Limited

[email protected]

Unit 3 Great Western Business Park,

McKenzie Way,

Tolladine Road,

Worcester,

WR4 9PT,

United Kingdom.

TEL: 01905 613 714

FAX: 01905 610 725

WEB: www.spalautomotive.co.uk

EMAIL: [email protected]

I would be interested in which upgrade kit you got and how you remove the door card as I cannot see how this is done - note my car only has the 2 front electric windows!!

thanks in advance

ps, I am amazed that any manufacture is building cars without remote central door looking, arrn't you? I would rather do without certain things (rather have a basic radio/cd for example) fitted in in the most basic Octavia 2 and would very much prefer to have remote central door locking!

I to am struggling with this as well I have a Octavia Classic (Jan'07) and also bought a remote upgrade kit from ebay from www.ultimatecarparts.co.uk.

So I contacted a few local leccies in Jersey but they were unable to help as there was no wiring diagram available for Octavia 2 + it is CanBus.

Note, afterwards I contacted below but because there was no local lecci who wanted to install the kit I did not proceed - but they were very helpfull;

Catherine Myatt

[email protected]

Unit 3 Great Western Business Park,

McKenzie Way,

Tolladine Road,

Worcester,

WR4 9PT,

United Kingdom.

TEL: 01905 613 714

FAX: 01905 610 725

WEB: www.spalautomotive.co.uk

EMAIL: [email protected]

I would be interested in which upgrade kit you got and how you remove the door card as I cannot see how this is done - note my car only has the 2 front electric windows!!

thanks in advance

ps, I am amazed that any manufacture is building cars without remote central door looking, arrn't you? I would rather do without certain things (rather have a basic radio/cd for example) fitted in in the most basic Octavia 2 and would very much prefer to have remote central door locking!

I got mine from hawk car alarms.

They sent me a sheet with the colour and locations of the wires but that was for a 2004 octavia.

They sent me some more info but they said it was one wire you needed to tap into. I don't want to cut any wires until I am sure.

Getting the door card off is quite easy.

They are 2 torx screws to the bottom of the panel. You then need to price the top section of the door handle off (with the 2 electric window switches on). there are some more torx screws under that. Thewre is also one under where the wing mirror adjuster is. That homeycombed section pops out. The door card then just pops off.