vRS DIesel, 80k and a remap?

I am very tempted to go with Angel Tuning for a remap (£200 atm!) but with my car having just ticked over the 80k mark, and being a work horse for me I am hesitant about whether I'd be risking something going bang if I was to get it map'd.

AFAIK it has been looked after well, I take very good care of it and only rarely does it ever get driven in anger!

With 80k on the clock, would I be pushing it?

Cheers guys :)

Just as advice and my opinion for you to think about. My old car was done remapped by Angel and it was a very aggressive remap I didn't get better fuel I got worse consumption and I would not use them again, everytime I put my foot down she bellowed out black smoke and she never EVER did that before. However the power increase was good and it stopped me from having to drop from 5th to 3rd or 4th just to pull out on the motorway or move lanes lol….and that’s all I wanted the remap for but like I say if and when I get the vRS done I will not be using them, I know other people that do them so I will be going to them instead 

I am very tempted to go with Angel Tuning for a remap (£200 atm!) but with my car having just ticked over the 80k mark, and being a work horse for me I am hesitant about whether I'd be risking something going bang if I was to get it map'd.

AFAIK it has been looked after well, I take very good care of it and only rarely does it ever get driven in anger!

With 80k on the clock, would I be pushing it?

Cheers guys :)

If I were you, I'd keep a close eye on the SHARK PERFORMANCE '12 Days of Christmas' offers and look to snap up a bargain, his maps are getting rave reviews everywhere, what you don't want with a PD is a map that belches soot......not good as it will block up the temperamental DPF on it I have only heard good things about Shark!! :thumbup:

For the extra £100 I'm hesitant to go with Shark. I have heard good things from Angel tuning & have been following them for a few years when it comes to researching remaps.

On their website it doesnt mention much in the way of 12 days till christmas? or any other offers?

Remember Freedom members get a discount at Shark - should be about £270 I think.

I am seriously contemplating having mine done at Shark - 2.0TDI PD140 with 120K on the clock, but it has had a new clutch and turbo!

Shark do 'smokeless' maps for the diesels and every review I have seen has been more than positive.

I have a relative in the trade who has a friend who can do me a map for £200, but I think I will go with Shark as I know that I will get a top notch map done, and Ben seems to be very focussed on Customer Service.

Just have to get Christmas out of the way first ...........

My fabia just clocked over 100k with a remap since it had 12k on it. Still on the orignal clutch and flywheel. My is an aggressive remap with too much torque so if you go for a good smooth one you shouldn't have too many problems.

But with anything in life if you play with it you have to be prepared to pay for it, well it works for women and cars for sure :giggle:

oooh it is so blumin tempting! I dont need it at all, but thats never stopped me before! :D Will wait & see what offers Shark come up with & see how aggresive the Angel tuning map is! :).

Not too woried about my DPF, desbite doing 5 days a week of short commuting (4.5miles) I take the car for a 30mile spin on the motorways once a week & a 300mile round trip every other weekend, hopefully that will keep any issues at bay! :)

oooh it is so blumin tempting! I dont need it at all, but thats never stopped me before! :D Will wait & see what offers Shark come up with & see how aggresive the Angel tuning map is! :).

Not too woried about my DPF, desbite doing 5 days a week of short commuting (4.5miles) I take the car for a 30mile spin on the motorways once a week & a 300mile round trip every other weekend, hopefully that will keep any issues at bay! :)

Not if it's remapped incorrectly you won't!!

While mine's not a vRS, I have that sort of mileage on my PD140 and have one of Ben's maps. I had a fresh clutch fitted first, but mainly because I was having some issues anyway that needed sorting. But obviously, running increased power and torque does have the potential to put increased strain on components, but that's largely down to how you drive it with the remap fitted.

Very little smoke, even at WoT and better economy on a run. Highly recommended.

On the earlier DPF question, all vRS TDis have a DPF fitted. I believe Ben has experience in removing these though, so you can certainly discuss that with him.

My octavia 2007 vrs diesel is currently on 90K and has a bluefin remap by superchips, its a fantastic map very smooth, My turbo is def on its way out as I have got the dreaded Police Siren noise so im taking it verey easy until I replace my turbo !