Castrol SLX Professional Powerflow replaces Edge for VW 504 -507 spec

My Skoda dealer tells me that Castrol SLX Professional Powerflow now replaces Edge for VW 504 -507 spec so beware of old stock. New SLX PP is supposedly now as good as Helix.

Interesting also it was less than £14 from the dealer where as it seems to be £18-£20 from petrol stations for old stock Castrol Edge or Shell Helix.

Any body have a cheaper source or any other info on this?

It seems sometimes hard to get stock of this oil therefore I try and keep a couple of litres back for our 2 TSIs which use it.

Think you will find that SLX Professional is the old stock ;) Been using that for years in the Bora and only recently started using the Edge.. No mention of SLX on Castrol's website either.

The SLX branding was changed to 'Edge' for the retail sector a few years ago. Any retail SLX you find will be old stock.

SLX branding was still being used on bulk oil supplied to the trade until quite recently - but that's probably gone to Edge as well now.

No need to worry about the branding on the bottle. Just buy any oil that meets the spec required for your car. There are only a few suppliers making this stuff and most of what is on the bottle is marketing and branding nonsense. Its the technical spec that really counts.