Would 2008 octavia vrs leather interior fit 2005 octavia classic

Hello Skoda brothers,

Just about to purchase newer octavia and wonder if interior from 2008 octavia VRS would fit 2005 octavia classic?

They are both new shape? I really need to know if FRONT and BACK seat's can be just replaced without any major MODIFICATIONS?

Any suggestion greatly appreciated

Regards

Edited by skoda auto

There should be no problems swapping them, if the vrs seats are heated just leave the parts in place as you will not be able to connect them

To remove fronts, do not put key in ignition, undo the 4 torx bolts holding the front seats, get in the back, gently tip seats forward and look under them, disconnect all connectors and remove seat, the yellow connectors are the airbag

to remove the rears, lift seat base from the front and tilt forward unclasp spring clips and remove base.

To remove the seat backs get in the boot area, and push seat backs forward, where they join in the centre there is a small torx screw remove this and the slide over clamp then bring one half halfway up and wiggle towards the centre and remove then repeat other side, to remove rear side moldings, push down hard at the top and pull forward, get a socket and remove centre seat belt bolt

Refit in reversal, when fitting fronts connect the yellow clips first then bolt the seat down, do not put the key in the ignition until both fronts are fitted or the airbag warning shows, can be turned off with vag com

I thought the Octavia classic was the old Mk1 Octavia. If it is then the Mk 2 interior will not be a straight swap, especially the rears which are a lot different on the Mk1 compared to the Mk 2.

The classic is the base level in the mk11, Normally have Black door mirrors.

hello guys,

the octavia classic im thinking of buying is 2005 and is newer shape than mine one which is 2000 tdi slx. The VRS interior that im thinking of installing comes from 2008 octavia?

what do you think, would this defenetelly fit?

regards

Thanks skippy41,

so in your opinion you cannot see any problems in swapping the interior? I belive this will look very nice, of corse apart from the power :'(

regards

PICT0020.jpg

PICT0019.jpg

I did the same thing :thumbup: