Varta Silver -12 Volt,77 Ah ,780 CCA on Fabia 1.9 SDI (2001)

dandu

Hello,

With the winter and all I had to change the battery on my Fabia 1.9 SDI (year 2001).

The new battery is a Varta Silver 12 Volt,77 Ah ,780 CCA.

Is this too much for my car?

Will I have charging issues?

Will anything else fail since the Ah are more than needed?

What are the suggested Ah for my car?

Thanks in advance for all the help..

Andrei

A 70ah would probably been large enough, so 77ah is better. As long as it fits in the battery tray and the posts are the correct type and in the correct positions everything should be fine.

The alternator should put out just over 14 volts when the engines running, so it's worth checking this and make sure the battery connections are clean and the earths are good.

77Ah is just fine, might also be worth renewing your battery earth lead, only about 12quid and quite common for causing issues.

Great to know that..I was getting worried it might break something in there, beying to powerfull...

It does fit just fine. the alternator is indeed putting just above 14 Volts (14.18, 14.24).

When mouting they sprayed the connectors with a cleaning spray and applied some paste...so all good there..

Thanks guys for all the help..

Have some great holidays...

Andrei

Hello,

With the winter and all I had to change the battery on my Fabia 1.9 SDI (year 2001).

The new battery is a Varta Silver 12 Volt,77 Ah ,780 CCA.

Is this too much for my car?

Will I have charging issues?

Will anything else fail since the Ah are more than needed?

What are the suggested Ah for my car?

Thanks in advance for all the help..

Andrei

Never a problem fitting a larger capacity battery ,only a problem if the other way round. The Alternator will still charge at the same rate it did with the small battery,and stop charging when required ,and larger capacity will give you more spare capacity ,which will help in Winter,and if you leave the car without using it for a while. Think of it like a torch,which can use ordinary carbon zinc ,or Alkaline batteries which will last longer.

Edited by AndyPandy