Scout tonka trim

foo

Just been out to treat the Scout to a wash, two tome mud and salt does not suit it well at all.

On the inside of one of the tonka wheelarch shrouds the rubber coating is starting to peel or flake off showing the plastic moulding itself.

Should I be worried?

Will it propagate?

Can I fix the edge of the peel down with anything?

Warranty job or fair wear and tear?

Not sure I understand.

Are you saying the grey plastic bumpers and wheel arches are covered in a film of rubber?

When I bought my nearly new Scout I had them repair a minor scuff on one of the wheel arches and I'm sure they just painted it...

I wonder if the bumpers are the same as the Audi A6 Allroad?

I found this picture of a scuffed bumper mid-repair.

Looks to me as though they are black underneath. This would support the fact that I could see black through my scuff prior to the dealer fixing it for me.

I would definately be looking for an FOC repair under warranty.

AudiA6AllroadBumper.jpg

Here is an picture of it for reference, grey plastic under the rubber coat. It is just on the underside lip of the wheelarch so it cannot be seen, but if it propogates it will be seen.

I will talk to my dealer I think, and will consider some helicopter tape on the remaining ones.

1140355725_mKwCC-L.jpg

Edited by foo

I thought you said you'd washed it :giggle:

That is definitely not right.

Mine is a 2008 with 20,000 miles on it and mine aren't doing that. Looks to me as though it’s spreading too.

Get it sorted now whilst it’s under warranty.

I thought you said you'd washed it :giggle:

That is what 4 miles of Somerset lanes do to an immaculate car. And I didn't even have to drive in the muck as no oncoming cars were about this morning.

Did you take it to one of the car wash places? Thats the way the damage looks when they use an industrial pressure washer at 1mm distance. They got my beautiful BMW that way a couple of years ago :-( Fairly cheap to repair in my case because it was paint.