2006VRs winter tyres steel wheels

Having been stranded for 10 days her in NI with My 205/45 16" Proxies I desperately need to obtain another set of wheels to fit this car My Dealer says there are no options listed and all I can do is fit chains

With the big callipers and vent disks on the front of this car does anyone know where I can get a set of steels and what size exactly from which other model so as I can order in time for next snow a set of Nokians

There are loads of wheels that you can fit to your Fabia. For a start, you could get a set of four steel wheels that come with the car as a standard spare - your dealer shoud be able to source those.

Basically, the standard wheel is a 5x100 ET38 16" rim. Anything off a mk4 Golf, Beetle, 5 stud Polo, Mk1 Octavia, any Fabia, mk1 A3 or TT will fit. If your car has standard brakes you can fit a 15 inch rim from any of those cars wich means you can get hold hold of cheaper winter tyres (185/55/15, 195/50/15 or 195/55/15 are all easier to find and cheaper than 205/45/16).

There are loads of wheels that you can fit to your Fabia. For a start, you could get a set of four steel wheels that come with the car as a standard spare - your dealer shoud be able to source those.

Basically, the standard wheel is a 5x100 ET38 16" rim. Anything off a mk4 Golf, Beetle, 5 stud Polo, Mk1 Octavia, any Fabia, mk1 A3 or TT will fit. If your car has standard brakes you can fit a 15 inch rim from any of those cars wich means you can get hold hold of cheaper winter tyres (185/55/15, 195/50/15 or 195/55/15 are all easier to find and cheaper than 205/45/16).

When you say STD brakes do you mean the std VRS brakes as i'm a bit confused I understood the vrs had bigger brakes that std fabia are you suggesting there are even bigger brakes My car is showroom std 2006VRS???

• Like 1

When you say STD brakes do you mean the std VRS brakes as i'm a bit confused I understood the vrs had bigger brakes that std fabia are you suggesting there are even bigger brakes My car is showroom std 2006VRS???

Sorry, yes - I mean standard vRS brakes. 15 inch wheels will just clear standard vRS brakes (that's what I've fitted to mine), but lots of folk on here upgrade the front brakes so would need 16 inch wheels as a minimum.