Type pressure light

nivrs

Hey, wondering if anyone can help, i got new front tyres on this morning, then after driving for maybe 8 miles or so the tyre pressure light came on, i went into the nearest garage and checked, the tyres had been pumped to 33 psi, so checked my converter and found 210 kpa should be about 30 psi or so, so dropped it down and the light is still on, does anyone know how i could rectify this? cheers, ryan

• 2 weeks later...

Hi Everyone,

I also have a problem with the tyre pressure monitor.The light came on several weeks ago and having checked the tyres , one tyre needed a little air . I reset the light and everything was ok.

A week later my wife turned on the cars headlights ( I have added aftermarket HID's sometimes the nearside bulb fails to light up and the bulb error comes on,) so she turned the engine off and restarted it which cured the headlight fault but the TPM light came on.

I have checked the tyre pressures all ok and have tried resetting the monitor but it won't go out it does flash when pressing the reset but won't go out .

Anyone have any ideas to sort the fault out ? or does it need a trip to the garage ?

Many thanks

Dale

2006 L and K 2.0ltr TDI saloon

Hi Everyone,

I also have a problem with the tyre pressure monitor.The light came on several weeks ago and having checked the tyres , one tyre needed a little air . I reset the light and everything was ok.

A week later my wife turned on the cars headlights ( I have added aftermarket HID's sometimes the nearside bulb fails to light up and the bulb error comes on,) so she turned the engine off and restarted it which cured the headlight fault but the TPM light came on.

I have checked the tyre pressures all ok and have tried resetting the monitor but it won't go out it does flash when pressing the reset but won't go out .

Anyone have any ideas to sort the fault out ? or does it need a trip to the garage ?

Many thanks

Dale

2006 L and K 2.0ltr TDI saloon

http://www.aa1car.com/library/tire_monitors.htm

From the above link:

If the TPMS warning light is flashing, it indicates a fault has been detected in the TPMS system that will require further diagnosis. Common faults include a bad tire pressure sensor, a defective keyless entry receiver module, a fault in the TPMS or body control module (BCM), or wiring problems in the keyless entry/TPMS/BCM circuit.

http://www.aa1car.com/library/tire_monitors.htm

From the above link:

If the TPMS warning light is flashing, it indicates a fault has been detected in the TPMS system that will require further diagnosis. Common faults include a bad tire pressure sensor, a defective keyless entry receiver module, a fault in the TPMS or body control module (BCM), or wiring problems in the keyless entry/TPMS/BCM circuit.

The TPM only flashes once when I attempt to reset the monitor otherwise it is just staying on all the time. I have rechecked the tyre pressure again yesterday and all still ok.

The TPM only flashes once when I attempt to reset the monitor otherwise it is just staying on all the time. I have rechecked the tyre pressure again yesterday and all still ok.

I know its obvious but really check them all for a nail or something, or take to tyre place any have them look when jacked up. I thought the same thing but upon (very) closer inspection I found a v thin nail embedded in the tread.