Radio wires Color code

Cepheuz

hi guys, little bit of help needed

i´m installing my pioneer DEH-3000ib on my new(to me) fabia and the socket for the radio has been cut off, only thing left is the wires, and i need to know witch is witch

i now the brownd is earth (ground) but apart from that, i have no clue, i need to know to install the socket for my radio.

thanks in advance

hi guys, little bit of help needed

i´m installing my pioneer DEH-3000ib on my new(to me) fabia and the socket for the radio has been cut off, only thing left is the wires, and i need to know witch is witch

i now the brownd is earth (ground) but apart from that, i have no clue, i need to know to install the socket for my radio.

thanks in advance

i managed to figure out this much

brown = negative (ground)

small brown w red stripe = ACC

Red = front right speaker positive

red / brown = front right speaker negative

light blue = front left positive

light blue / brown = front left negative

i´m still missing two black / blue wires, and three small wires (gray, white/pink, white blue)

Hi, not sure if it is dependent on the year but mines 2000 and are as follows: brown-earth, black&bluex2-permanent live, grey&blue-illumination, brown&red-ignition live, grey&white-diagnosis wire, white&purple-speed signal,

blue- front left speaker , brown&blue left front also, red-front right speaker , brown&red front right also, blue&white-rear left speaker, brown&white rear left also, brown&green-rear right speaker, red&green also rear right.

As i say it may be depended on year/maybe model but hope this helps.

Hi, not sure if it is dependent on the year but mines 2000 and are as follows: brown-earth, black&bluex2-permanent live, grey&blue-illumination, brown&red-ignition live, grey&white-diagnosis wire, white&purple-speed signal,

blue- front left speaker , brown&blue left front also, red-front right speaker , brown&red front right also, blue&white-rear left speaker, brown&white rear left also, brown&green-rear right speaker, red&green also rear right.

As i say it may be depended on year/maybe model but hope this helps.

thanks dude now question is, why dont i have power on the blue&black

now i noticed that my instrument panel is quite dim when i turn on the ignition switch and the cluster lights (AC controls, Door Control, Cigarette lighter, etc.) dont come on, when i turn off the ignition the instrument panel light normal but the cluster lights remain off

:S i´m freaking out

This is what I have in mine:

(not sure if all years & models are the same)

Connector T8d

1 white/purple - vehicle speed signal

2 not used

3 grey/white - diagnosis K line

4 brown/red - positive connection 86s

5 black/blue - positive connection 30

6 grey/blue - positive connection 58b

7 black/blue - same as pin 5

8 brown - earth

Connector T8n

1 red/green - rear right

2 brown/green - rear right

3 red - front right

4 brown/red - front right

5 blue - front left

6 brown/blue - front left

7 blue/white - rear left

8 brown/white - rear left

now i noticed that my instrument panel is quite dim when i turn on the ignition switch and the cluster lights (AC controls, Door Control, Cigarette lighter, etc.) dont come on, when i turn off the ignition the instrument panel light normal but the cluster lights remain off

:S i´m freaking out

The instrument panel lighting wire goes to the radio, my guess is it is shorted or has too much load (did you use it to power the radio?)

It should be permanently live - check your fuse!

i took out all the small fuses (1 to i think) and i found a couple that were burned, now mi dash light and instrument lights are ok, but

no power on either of the blue&black wires and

airbag light comes up, flashes off, the come back on.

so still waiting to find out what is wrong, i'll try to change the big fuses to make sure all are OK, but want to check the relays as well, anyone know were those are located?

i took out all the small fuses (1 to i think) and i found a couple that were burned, now mi dash light and instrument lights are ok, but

no power on either of the blue&black wires and

airbag light comes up, flashes off, the come back on.

so still waiting to find out what is wrong, i'll try to change the big fuses to make sure all are OK, but want to check the relays as well, anyone know were those are located?

Blue/black wire is fed from fuse 45, it's one of the larger ones in the dash fuse panel.

Blue/black wire is fed from fuse 45, it's one of the larger ones in the dash fuse panel.

thanks dude, found it, burned, no my radio is working perfectly, will upgrade de speakers latter (5,1/4´ 40 watts neodime mid range + tweeters X4) and wire for amp to sub

• 9 years later...

I bought an aftermarket stereo that fits my skoda fabia mk1 everything is woking but it is getting extremly hot you cant even touch it. I did yellow to yellow .. red to red ... black to black.. have i connected something wrong ? i think its when i try to turn on music then it start to get extremly hot. Becuse if i just start the car and dont touch the stereo then it doesnt becom hot.

• 1 month later...