Fluctuating Temperature Gauge.

Hey all, recently i've had the timing belt changed along with the water pump and pulleys and tensioner on my 1.9TDI.

Whilst travelling down the motorway last night, i noticed the temperature gauge was at the bottom. Then after some time it started moving up and down, before settling at 90 degrees for a couple of minutes, before jumping up and down all the way.

I did notice this a few weeks ago, but its not happened since.

Anyway im suspecting its the temperature sensor, would i be correct in thinking that the temperature sensor is the one just under the fuel pump on the camshaft?

Or is that one of many?

Thanks in advance

Browny_37

Take it back to whoever fitted the pump, its either got an air lock in it or a prob with the pump. It might also be a stat problem like stuck open. More likely its related to the work done.

Take it back to whoever fitted the pump, its either got an air lock in it or a prob with the pump. It might also be a stat problem like stuck open. More likely its related to the work done.

Its behaved since though, i have noticed that sometimes on idle it revs up slightly. And looking around this forum i saw a post by boycarp mentioning this symptom.