VW 507 00 Spec Oil - where's the cheapest place to buy it ?

Recently bought a 1.6 Tdi CR and went to buy some oil (just in case it needs a slight top up) before it gets to 10k/1 year old.

The local shop had a 5L tub of Comma Pro Life for £46 (how much!) :'(

Would prefer to buy a 5L tub than a single litre so the remainder can be used for it's first service.

I know Millers also sell some to 507 00 spec but would need to travel further to find it.

Anyone know where you can get some cheaper than £46

Thanks

Recently bought a 1.6 Tdi CR and went to buy some oil (just in case it needs a slight top up) before it gets to 10k/1 year old.

The local shop had a 5L tub of Comma Pro Life for £46 (how much!) :'(

Would prefer to buy a 5L tub than a single litre so the remainder can be used for it's first service.

I know Millers also sell some to 507 00 spec but would need to travel further to find it.

Anyone know where you can get some cheaper than £46

Thanks

Halfords currently have an offer on Castrol edge 5-30. It meets VW spec 504 and 507. £36 for 4 litres.

This same oil used at my dealer service I was charged £20. They buy in bulk so providing it yourself to the dealer could be a false economy

Edited by raisbeck

My Skoda dealer supplied VW's own fully synthetic oil for diesels at a remarkably cheap price. It was 'Quantum Platignum Gold' 5-40 and met the top spec for PD engines. Not quite sure if it will fit your car, you'd need to check. It came out at just £6.75 per litre at workshop bulk price. And it was the genuine stuff too, I saw the labels on the barrels they were using. That's way way cheaper than I could buy any fully syn oil meeting VW spec at Halfords or anywhere. Undoubtably, in litre cartons it will cost more over the counter but I would be inclined to buy just the one litre for top up and let your dealer supply the bulk oil for your service at 10k. Or...ask how much they charge for oil at service.

Edited by Estate Man