Roomster story

Good article Julian, and I agree with all the points you raise about the Roomster.

Pretty much the most accomplished all-rounder in its price bracket. Not 100% perfect but pretty damned good.

Like you, we've also got two of 'em and we're in no hurry to change.

:thumbup:

• 2 weeks later...

Yikes Julian, you have it real bad!

I bought one of the run-out Roomies from North Sydney and everyone who saw the car for the first time said it looked like two other cars had been cut in half and welded together. Now, months later, and with most of them having ridden in the car, and after making jokes about how the Pope should be sticking out the top, there is almost universal approval for the amount of space, the comfort and all the safety features.

Honestly, every time I open the door, I look at the seat and think "There's not a lot of room!" and when I sit down, I think, "****, yes there is!" And I am 6'4".

As you say, for the money, nothing comes close. I quite fancy a Super B TSI/DSG wagon, but I reckon I have a long way to go before I get rid of the current 'Skodavic' ...