Chrome exhaust trim

I am thinking about fitting a chrome exhaust trim to my 2010 1.8TSI Octavia Estate, so I had a look at the Skoda accessories website.

There are three different ones listed, two at £50, part nos FDC610001 and FDC620001, and one at £54, part no FDC610002 and they all say that they are for vehicles fitted with the body kit rear bumper spoiler.

Has anyone fitted any of these to a standard car, and if so, if they have had any problems fitting or subsequently with melting plastics etc.

Thanks in advance.

I think they'll be fine if very expensive! You'll find an equally nice chrome exhaust trim at your local Halfords/motorist accessory shop for around a tenneor or less!

just check the bore size measurment required.

Remember you tend to get what you pay for.

Whilst I'll admist Skoda UK have no doubt got some healthy margin on theirs at £50+ I can also guarantee the £10 Halfords example will turn a nice shade of rust red much quicker!

I wouldn't worry about heat melting the bumper, the tailpipes should never get that hot.

My concern would be how far they protrude out the back of the car. If Skoda only recommend fitting them to cars equipped with sports bumpers then maybe they just don't look right under standard bumpers?

I have them fitted to a normal bumper, they protrude out maybe an inch and a half but I think it looks ok. Since I bought mine (2006) they have introduced a shorter set for the normal bumper ( I think ).

Thanks for the replies. I went and had a look at what was available in accessory shops and they were a bit cheap looking so I am hoping that the Skoda part will be better quality.

I am still unsure what the difference is between the three Skoda options. Anyone know?

I have them fitted to a normal bumper, they protrude out maybe an inch and a half but I think it looks ok. Since I bought mine (2006) they have introduced a shorter set for the normal bumper ( I think ).

Any photos of yours fitted?

I am still unsure what the difference is between the three Skoda options. Anyone know?

Bit more info on the accessories page

Bare in mind that you'll also need the existing tips chopping off at an exhaust place and these welding on. That's what the innocent looking 'spanner' symbol equates to on the Skoda Accessories page for each option :)

That's not a problem, but just in case you thought they just sleeved over or something...

Remember you tend to get what you pay for.

Whilst I'll admist Skoda UK have no doubt got some healthy margin on theirs at £50+ I can also guarantee the £10 Halfords example will turn a nice shade of rust red much quicker!

I wouldn't worry about heat melting the bumper, the tailpipes should never get that hot.

My concern would be how far they protrude out the back of the car. If Skoda only recommend fitting them to cars equipped with sports bumpers then maybe they just don't look right under standard bumpers?

My VRS will be a year old in March and the exhaust trim is rusting already.

If its like my 1.4 tsi, the two pipes are slightly different lengths as they are cut to sort of follow the curve at the corner of the bumper - the one to the outside is slightly shorter. I did research other aftermarket trims but couldn't find anything with a slash cut end that was suitable. The Skoda accessories brochure page 5 say they're stainless steel, so would be worth checking with a dealer. You need part no FDC 610 001.

They have been on the car for 360,000kms so they are looking a little worse for wear.

Thanks for the photos. I see what you mean about the protrusion. I think with the Sport/vRS bumper it's masked by the bottom edge coming out more.

Thanks for the photos. I see what you mean about the protrusion. I think with the Sport/vRS bumper it's masked by the bottom edge coming out more.

As I said though, there are shorter ones available now and they shouldn't stick out so far.