R32 ARB... onto VRS

Whats with these rear ARB's?

Just thought id ask, i know all sporty fast well handling cars have them but the octavia especially the RS doesnt really need one IMHO

By putting a rear ARB on the car, like fitting a thicker one to the front you change the handling of the car, and not always in a postive way!

For example the RS!!

It oversteers quite a lot for a front wheel drive car and stiffing the front ARB will magnify that!

Also the standard RS has a habit, like front wheel drive cars, but the RS is one of the worst ive driven for it is lift off over steer, you go into a corner, back of the power and wooops the backs gone!

And stiffing the rear shock, springs/ and or fitting an anti roll bar will make this worse with spirted driving.

Ive played with the damper and spring rates and and a rear ARB on my car and ive found the you need the front fairly hard and the rears fairly soft in comparison

Another example is a bmw 325!

The M3 which is a far more accomplished car has a smaller front ARB than most of the other 3 series range.

Just one thing to bear in mind that more or bigger isnt always best!!!!!!

Problem for me is not so much the size it's just the fact that the plastic collars continuously break hence the mod

Whilst I understand lift off over steer is fun, in real terms you shouldn't be lifting off mid corner you should be either holding it steady on the gas or easing it on the car is most stable when under very alight acceleration.

That's the way I was always taught!

How ever like I say, the difference for what I've done is negligible but the design is now just much better

Yeah all sounds good there :)

The Rears - Some people say Don't uprate the front without Fitting a rear, i've been told don't fit the R32 Front without doing a rear!

Not too sure why this is, apparently it'll ruin the handling..

Surely having a Decent ARB with Decent bushes, will make it MUCH better than now, with a ruined ARB and virtually NO bushes?

Honestly no noise and the steering is so accurate!! I will need to do the tracking though. There's no real noticeable difference in the stiffness but because there's no plastic is just solid and pin point

I can't believe that 4 new Bolts for the subframe are £18!

Also can't wait to get it done though, powerflex bushes and a 23mm ARB as opposed to virtually nothing - I won't know myself!