Bypassed my n249 today

My first 1.8t so a learning curve lol keep picking bits up off your guys shopping list like spec lists there crazy lol got turbo intake pipes to fit and air intake pipe too as well as breathers hoping this isn't too much hassle

Hi all, my car hasnt been running to its full potential lately, ever since the remap its been getting slower and quite juddery as you ease off the throttle.

Anyway spent a hour or so this morning and used a t piece in a vac pipe off the inlet manifold to run to the dump valve and runs so much better!! It ran the same for about 2 miles or so then just all of a sudded ran spot on! Power comes in so much better now!

I havent removed the whole system just in case it didnt make a blind bit of difference, but ill end up removing all the rest at some point!

Oh and just for the record its a Octavia Vrs 1.8t with 110k and stage one revo and no other mods :)

Have you checked the lower boost pipe for a boost leak ,the o ring seal is prone to fail especially when the boost increases ( part number 06A 145 790C )

I'm just concerned i'll miss something.

I could do with a Comprehensive parts list for all 3 - ie SAI, N249 and the other one (I forget!)..

Could i get 3 Resistors and bypass the EML for all 3 rather than mapping out?

My SAI seems to be pretty noisy so now seems the time to get rid of it all, plus i've a 007p on the way so make a day of it and all that...

Just can't seem to find much in Full guides to doing all 3, just worries me!

Yeah just found the guides as you posted this.

I'll check that site out now, then obviously when it comes to Map time i'll know exactly what i need altered.

Looks to me, like i'll need the SAI removed, and the Threshold for the Second Lambda altered to make it 'correct'

Cheers

• 2 months later...

I have done a bit of research today and think I will be doing this soon when I get my forge 007.

Only thing I'm not so sure on is where the pipes go to.

1 hose comes off the top of the dv into a t piece.

The middle t goes off to the fpr

where does the 3rd hose go to under the intake?

Could I run 2 t pieces in the same hose so I can run a boost gauge off the dv vacum pipe?

This may cure the debate about the do's and donts on fitting the boost gauge to the fpr or the dv vacum pipe as these will be connected together

if that makes sense