fabia vrs mk1, tuning box, where too ?

matt-sab

Hi all, new to vrs ownership but 4th vag 1.9 tdi powered car.

Just bought a 05 plate fab and think it may have a tuning box or ebay special

Power box, where too do I check / look for this please.

Photos would be excellent.

Thanks in advance

Matt.

[email protected]

Drove a few fans before this one and ours seems to go a fair bit better than the others which has made me curious,

Also seems a bit more black smoke from the exhaust on boost or hard acceleration etc.

I have a 130 Passat, the fabia is my wifes, so I know the norm for smoke etc and the fab is worse and has much lower miles 70 k

The previous did not mention tuning box or remap etc

And no recipt for either, but I swear its not Std..........

Drove a few fabs before this one and ours seems to go a fair bit better than the others which has made me curious,

Also seems a bit more black smoke from the exhaust on boost or hard acceleration etc.

I have a 130 Passat, the fabia is my wifes, so I know the norm for smoke etc and the fab is worse and has much lower miles 70 k

The previous did not mention tuning box or remap etc

And no recipt for either, but I swear its not Std..........

Edited by matt-sab

Tuning Boxes are a quite common subject on here, so do a search for them.

If you buy one, please avoid the very cheap ones from fleBay. These are normally Analogue boxes which consist of a 10p resistor in a plastic box. They will probably make you car produce lots of black smoke and may add fault codes to the ECU. This article gives a good explanation of them ebay - '20+BHP Tuning Chips' - The TRUTH.

You best bet is spend a few hundred pounds on a proper digital tuning box or spend a bit more on a Remap.

Edited by Jim H