vRS SMIC clips

rojer386

My car is almost back on the road after my timing belt mishap. With the extra boost with the remap, is it worth changing the clips on the IC hoses?

My thinking behind this is to replace before the current clips become worn and possibly pop off under acceleration. Is it an easy job to do(I have access to a ramp etc) and how much for new clips?

Is there a rubber seal between the IC and plastic pipe?

Oh and if anyone has a pert number that would be most helpful.

Many thanks.

Thanks mattie.

no probs mate. Some of the seals are slightly different so get the parts dept to print the exploded diagram off for you aswell.You can match each seal and clip to the part number and the right location then.

If they wont then give me a pm as i have the diag somewhere im sure.

Great. Was it an easy job to complete and I'm guessing it can be done by removing the undertray?

Easy enough, i took the front bumper off and put the car on ramps to get under easier.Dont have an undertray on mine so not an issue but yeah, remove it too. The seals and clips took roughly 40 mins i think.Ill have a poke around in the house for the print off as it may have part numbers on aswell. Ill post up my findings later on mate.