Central locking problem

RH rear passenger door locking and window control on my 2006 Octavia2 Elegance 1.9 has stopped working so, before pulling off door trims etc, I wondered if anyone can come up with a probable cause.

As the locking and window switches work for the other side of the car I assume all the fuses are ok.

The central locking switch between the handbrake and gear lever locks and unlocks the other three doors as normal.

Opening the RH rear door does not switch on the interior light .

The window control switches on the driver’s door can operate three windows ok but not the RH rear one.

Any help in focussing my efforts would be much appreciated.

Don

Edited by donmcknz

I think its fair to say that there is no power getting to that particular door.

I've never heard this on an Octavia but where the wires pass from the body of the car into the door inbetween the upper and lower hinges is often a weak spot on a lot of cars.

As the door is open and closed these wires move inside the flexible rubber carrier. Over time these wires can wear and break.

The drivers side rear door is often opened just as often as the drivers door itself as people put their jackets, bags, shopping etc. on the back seat.

This would be my first place to check. The rubber carrier can be gently teased off the door and slid back to reveal the wires.

Thanks for your suggestions - have tried unplugging and reconnecting at socket on the outside of the door pillar but no change.

There are six wires attached to the socket -a thin pair( red/yellow and purple/yellow), a thick pair(brown and red/white) with infinite resistance across them and a medium pair ( blue and brown/blue) with a resistance of 3 ohms across them . I checked the corresponding wires at the socket on the other side of the car and they gave identical results.

Don

Ive seen this a few times on octy 2 and if there is no wirring damage as previously mentioned it could be the door lock assembly, As you said when you open the door the interior light doesnt come on which would indicate to me IF there is no wirring damage it could be the lock assy as there is a micro switch in the lock assy which when activated by the door being opened puts your interior light on. To be 100% You realy need to get it scanned because there are all sorts of things which could cause your fault, Wiring faults, Water ingress, lock assy etc