My Yeti's BMW iDrive controller

Well in my A2 there was a lovely little felt lined storage area under the handbrake. Since the windscreen on an A2 is so far forward this area was the perfect please to keep my TomTom's remote. So I could control the whole thing by touch with my left hand just like you would on the iDrive of a BMW (or MMI on an Audi).

But alas the Yeti has cupholders there that are too narrow to fit the TomTom remote in. I ordered my car with the optional ashtray to keep coins/keys in and realised the other day I could mount the remote's bracket ON the ashtray! Perfect solution!

So here is the mount stuck on the ashtray with its supplied double sided tape:

164522_486416441323_671901323_6406444_448468_n.jpg

163155_486416481323_671901323_6406445_4131633_n.jpg

And then mounted in the car:

167686_486416381323_671901323_6406441_1861002_n.jpg

168595_486416401323_671901323_6406442_727829_n.jpg

The eagle eyed will also notice there is a chrome surround around the cupholders (not fixed yet) to match the surround around the 12v socket.

165135_486416286323_671901323_6406438_3544043_n.jpg

I ordered this along with another ashtray when I came up with this plan thinking I'll have two ashtrays with one just serving as the mount. In the end one is enough and I thought I'd send the ashtray back. BUT as luck would have it Superskoda sent the wrong box and instead of an ashtray I got this!!!!!!!! I'm over the moon! emoticon-0140-rofl.gif So no need to send something back AND I get something else I was going to buy anyway.

The chrome looks good - sort of 'finished'. I have been thinking where to park my Road Angel remote - it doesn't have a holder. At present it just sits in front of the shift. In truth, I don't really use it much, if at all, but want it to hand if I do need it! It irritates me slightly that the rubber on the bottom of the cup holder appears to stuck down, making cleaning harder. On my Golf it could, with care, be lifted out and washed under a tap.

Johann,

regarding the exhaust pipe pieces - it's stated that "- fits to Yeti 1.2 TSI and 2.0 TDI CR 81/103 kW only"...

Yep, and I have a CR 140 HP... so mine is a CR 103 kW! emoticon-0136-giggle.gif Your 1,8 TSI has these as standard I believe?

Yep, and I have a CR 140 HP... so mine is a CR 103 kW! emoticon-0136-giggle.gif Your 1,8 TSI has these as standard I believe?

My bad, I failed at the conversion hp/kw :) And yes, you're going to look like the big boys now ;)

My bad, I failed at the conversion hp/kw emoticon-0100-smile.gif And yes, you're going to look like the big boys now emoticon-0105-wink.gif

No problem!

And emoticon-0148-yes.gif it will add a bit of panache to my Yeti. BUT first I have to grind off the 45 degree bits of my existing two exhaust pipes! emoticon-0104-surprised.gif

Edited by 900000

So it's "NO WELDING NEEDED !

NO SCREWS NEEDED !

JUST SNAP-IN VERSION !"

JUST SOME GRINDING NEEDED!

Not very honest advertising from superskoda, if that's the case :)

Now tell me that you also ordered "STAINLESS STEEL (!!!) outer rings for climatronic buttons" to match the look :)

Having the stainless steel pedal set myself as a bonus from the deal in the beginning, I'm considering the matching footrest... What was I saying about the vanity? :D

So it's "NO WELDING NEEDED !

NO SCREWS NEEDED !

JUST SNAP-IN VERSION !"

JUST SOME GRINDING NEEDED!

Not very honest advertising from superskoda, if that's the case emoticon-0100-smile.gif

Now tell me that you also ordered "STAINLESS STEEL (!!!) outer rings for climatronic buttons" to match the look emoticon-0100-smile.gif

Having the stainless steel pedal set myself as a bonus from the deal in the beginning, I'm considering the matching footrest... What was I saying about the vanity? emoticon-0102-bigsmile.gif

Hehehe Indeed! I have friends with the right tools and some ramps so will go and do the grinding at their place.

As to the climatronic rings: I've looked at them and wanted them on and off. Sometimes I wonder if it won't be too much, other times I think they will obscure the already difficult to read temperature display... So for now they are a no.

But I want some of these door things I think since they match the silver dash trim (I think) and lifts the all black doors:

2567_0.jpg

As to pedals: I never look down there so see no point in getting fancy pedals. emoticon-0140-rofl.gif