Porsche 4 pots? and VRS Rears on normal Octy?

Guest BigJase88

996 rears are trash

The name gives it away 'rears'

They aint designed to be used on the front the piston size is too small

I had brembo gt 323mm on mine and they were awesome! Same as leon cupra r brakes

• 3 weeks later...

996 4 pots work fine, just depends on what pads you use

The thing is the Octavia range of cars has a master cylinder too small for the big 4 and 6 pots and you loose braking force because of that!

Ive got 996 calipers on standard 312mm discs and they are fine, much better than than the standard one piston ones.

I know if you work out the surface area or the 54mm single pistion, obviously x2 because it pulls the other side compared to the 996 rears the 996 come up a bit short, but....

also if you work it out on the so called correct 986 front! they come up a smidging short, only a bit theres nothing in it really but you are not increasing the area you push the pad with so in theory you are not upgrading at all over the stock 54mm single pistion.

Apart from the fact that it give you more feel and more modualation with the 4 pots compared to the sinlge vrs caliper.

To that end if you run a small caliper with fairly agressive pads, like i have you increase the feel and modualtion with the pedal with out decreasing the force by having too bigger pistons

Im running Ferrodo DS 3000 pads which are very aggresive when hot but not so good first thing in the morning, until they are warm(one or two stops does it)

A lot of people wouldnt like it that way but its what ive grown used to over the years with the cars that ive had.

You need to go carefull first thing but after that they squeal like a banshe but i find it funny as it scares the C"$p out of people lol