Help - urgent! Disconnet battery without setting off alarm

Jonboy99

Sorry, in a rush and no luck with search.

I want to disconnect my (fully charged) fabia battery to trickle charge it for a few months while car in storage. However I need the doors locked before I disconnect the battery. This means the alarm is armed, so every time I disconnect the battery it goes off!

The key fob won't deactivate it, and the manual doesn't say anything about this?

How do I disconnect the battery without setting off the alarm?

Urgent replies much appreciated!

Jon

Cheers Wilcox, sorted now.

The problem was all 4 doors were unlocked, and I knew I couldn't lock them manually without the central locking working. I don't think you can lock the rear doors manually can you?

However then remembered my car is set to only open the drivers door on first click of the fob, so just did that, disconnected battery then locked it with the key.

If the ECU was set to unlock all 4 doors on first press of the fob though, not sure how you'd lock them all again with no power.

cheers

Jon

For future - if you lock it with the key in the door, then lock it a second time with the door, I think it disables the alarm, and deadlocks.

Doesn't disable the alarm...