remap tune 1.9 tdi 4x4

I have the same model and Shark at Mansfield did a remap getting on for one year ago. I asked for the car to be better at overtaking and still good on fuel,and I got both. Bearing in mind that I live at the bottom end of the peak district, and every road is a hill, I get a display average of 49mpg overall, and I have enough power to overtake the tractors and dozy tourists. I don't have specific power or torque figures, but it works for me.

cheers for that

so has it made it smoother and better with the six speed box? my other octi II classic has a totally different clutch than my 4x4 and the gears are standard 5 speed just feels different

love my 4x4 just need a bit more pulling power through the gears but not to ott

how much was the remap and hoe long did it take?

cheers

uote name='stewartbaldwin' date='01 February 2011 - 09:50' timestamp='1296553853' post='2263421']

I have the same model and Shark at Mansfield did a remap getting on for one year ago. I asked for the car to be better at overtaking and still good on fuel,and I got both. Bearing in mind that I live at the bottom end of the peak district, and every road is a hill, I get a display average of 49mpg overall, and I have enough power to overtake the tractors and dozy tourists. I don't have specific power or torque figures, but it works for me.

The remap cost £220 and this included a 20% discount that Ben offers now and then. The car was with Shark for a total of about 4 hours and this included fitting a cruise control and programming the ECU. I wandered down to the thriving town centre, waited for Ben to call and walked back.

This is my first Skoda, so I don't know what a 5speed box is like, but the 6 speed is faultless. It has a very smooth change and the clutch operation is very smooth. First gear is very low and I mostly pull away in second. There are a number of comments on this forum concerning replacing the dual mass flywheel with a single mass, and when the clutch expires, I may well fit one.

With regard to the increase in torque and acceleration, as I mentioned, for me the car is much better.

The remap cost £220 and this included a 20% discount that Ben offers now and then. The car was with Shark for a total of about 4 hours and this included fitting a cruise control and programming the ECU. I wandered down to the thriving town centre, waited for Ben to call and walked back.

This is my first Skoda, so I don't know what a 5speed box is like, but the 6 speed is faultless. It has a very smooth change and the clutch operation is very smooth. First gear is very low and I mostly pull away in second. There are a number of comments on this forum concerning replacing the dual mass flywheel with a single mass, and when the clutch expires, I may well fit one.

With regard to the increase in torque and acceleration, as I mentioned, for me the car is much better.

Just to give you a head start if your Clutch/DMF do ever expire - there is NO SMF conversion for the 4x4 - presumably because the 4x4 was produced in such small numbers relative to 2wd.

Eurocarparts (for example) may tell you that the Valeo SMF conversion works fine (this is what one of their central telephone advisers told me - a bul****ting guy called Mo, who should be avoided like the plague),

and that a number of their customers have done it. Valeo themselves will tell you that it doesn't fit. In fact, two separate tech guys at Valeo told me that it would not fit.

I don't know of any other parts manufacturer that does an SMF conversion for the Mk2 Octavia