Hello from a new Skoda newbie

Purple13

Hi everyone

Getting my first Skoda (octavia td elegance on a 53 plate) this Saturday - very excited - and was hunting the forums for any advice on fixing the catch on the centre arm console, which appeared to be broken when I test drove last weekend.

If that's all I've got to complain about eh?

Cheers for the imput.

Jonathan.

p.s I hope to blog about my Skoda experience on a regular basis (doing a round trip of 90 miles a day) at my usual blog - http://purple13.blogspot.com

Looking at buying an Octavia scout in the very near future so just on looking for views and problems from the people that own them.

Probably be a petrol version as I have heard allsorts of problems about DPF and dual mass flywheels (not sure if the octavia has a DMF)

Hi, just picked my first skoda up on the 28th of january, well impressed with it.

It's only a 1.3 felicia which cost me £230 with some MOT on it. But it gets me from A-B and everything works (with the exception of the headlight hight adjust...)

I don't think you can knock them for that...

Hi peep's.

Well picked up my 'new' skoda on Saturday - a bit of a baptism of fire for the poor thing - high winds and very wet / flooding but took it all in its stride - a lot better in the wind than my old Mazda 626 (51 plate).

Too wet to clean saturday but sunday afforded the chance to sit in the car and polish all those little switch crevices etc.

Oh and the road tax was only £110 for the year - not £125 like dealer said.

It just gets better....

JOnathan