spark plugs change on the octavia vrs

hi all im just woundering what intervals you have to change the spark plugs on the vrs octavia im in the process of buying a 2007 vrs and it has 42k on the clock ive looked in the service book and it looks like the plugs havent been changed so i asked the garage to change tham and the salesman said that they dont need cahnging till 80k his he pulling my leg or not ???

I've 40k up on mine so i'm going to get some new ones tomorrow.

They are not that costly anyway so i'm getting them, she deserves a bit of loving...

NGK Spark Plugs - BKR7EIX

I hope these are a popular choice.

When in 2007 was your car registered? reason i ask is it will be due its cambelt replacing at the 4 year or 60k interval.As this is due this year id try to get the garage to either replace it or knock some money off to cover the replacement bill,would be a shame for you to buy it then 2 months later have to spend £300-£500 on getting the cambelt replaced.I thought the spark plugs were replaced every 3 years.

Those NGK's are OEM so will be fine no need to spend loads on plugs unless your running silly horsepower.

Just got it remapped over the weekend so should be pushing 245 approx...nothing silly.