Central Locking Gremlins!

A couple of weeks back I noticed the passenger's side mirror would just lock and unlock itself automatically while the ignition was in start position. I tried locking the doors with the central lock button on the door handle, but the passenger's side still acts wierd. Now the problem has just grown. There is an automatic locking and unlocking of all door locks when I lock the car using the remote key. This clicking of locks happen randomly and I suspect it must be also happening the whole night. To add to the misery I noticed that when I tried to get out of the car this evening, it just wouldn't unlock!! Somehow it got unlocked for a fraction of a second when I could get out finally. Funnily it didn't happen the next time!

Has anyone experienced this and know what the solution could be. I must have searched through all the threads related to this on Briskoda but haven't found any proper solution. Could it be a simple ground issue? I hate taking the car to the mechanic and for no reason they telling me to change the entire control unit when it could be a simple fix?

This is totally frustrating..