Roomster 1,4 tdi 59' best performance tire size?

nomaj

Hi nomaj, and welcome to the forum.

I've got a 1.4 Tdi (2007) and it came with 15" Avior alloy wheels wearing 195/55 tyres.

Never heard of a 59 hp Roomster with the 1.4 diesel, I thought they were either 70 bhp or 80 ??

Tyres as fitted are entirely adequate for the job, although the supplied Bridgestones will be replaced with something a bit more supple later on.

Do you have steel wheels fitted - is that why you have 65 profile tyres and possibly 14" wheels? What makes you think your tyres may be too big?

edit ....... just twigged it. 59 KW equals 80 BHP, so that's where you're getting the 59 from.

Reckon your tyres may be unecessarily "tall" at 65 profile, but at least you'll suffer less when going over potholes !! Ride comfort may be slightly improved but the handling (turn in) may be a bit less precise than intended.

Edited by tuscan30

Hi nomaj, and welcome to the forum.

I've got a 1.4 Tdi (2007) and it came with 15" Avior alloy wheels wearing 195/55 tyres.

Never heard of a 59 hp Roomster with the 1.4 diesel, I thought they were either 70 bhp or 80 ??

Tyres as fitted are entirely adequate for the job, although the supplied Bridgestones will be replaced with something a bit more supple later on.

Do you have steel wheels fitted - is that why you have 65 profile tyres and possibly 14" wheels? What makes you think your tyres may be too big?

edit ....... just twigged it. 59 KW equals 80 BHP, so that's where you're getting the 59 from.

Reckon your tyres may be unecessarily "tall" at 65 profile, but at least you'll suffer less when going over potholes !! Ride comfort may be slightly improved but the handling (turn in) may be a bit less precise than intended.

Thank's for response... i have steel wheels... and find out from local dealer that 195/55/15 is the best...

Regards!

When the factory fit tires on our -07 1.9 TDI were worn out I got the size 185/60-15, and they worked nice as well (actually the winter tires were this size all the time) on the original steel rims. This is also a more common size => more choice and cheaper tires.

We were getting down towards 4,6l/100 km on open roads crusing along at 80 kmh. I didn't do too much driving in town, so I don't have a reliable figure. The overall consumption was around 5,7 l.

My link is more detailed info on the consumption. There's some Finnish text in the pic as well, but I think you should get the important parts.

Edited by the_raz