Indicators keep flashing?

I have today taken ownership of a W reg Fabia Elegance. It seems lovely. One question though:

I lock the car, seems happy. Periodically however, the indicators decide to have a little flash to themselves. Whats this all about? Ta very much.

Edited by CarOfRassilon

Does it have an alarm? If so check the alarm actually works. Could be interior sensor playing up. If no alarm central locking issue.

Hi, thanks for the reply. I'm a bit of a novice really. Whats the best way of checking if the alarm is working? The central locking seems to be fine and I've successfully reset my fob using the "spare in the ignition, manual lock, witchcraft" method. Is a local dealer going to be the best place to get it looked at| Thanks.

If it has an alarm (some only have an immobilizer) Lock the car with the remote and wait 1 minute. Open a door with the key in the lock, alarm should sound. You can use the VAGCOM list on here, to find someone local to you, who can scan the car for faults, usually for beer money. A dealer will want £70 to run diagnostics.