HID KITS

Going to cracked down a lot more come MOT time too now. . .

Kit wise - no idea (factory xenons FTW :) ) - don't get any too blue though - 4.3k should be okay (well, as okay as HIDs in reflectors ever are :dull:) for reflectors.

Edited by TriggerFish

Or some aftermarket projector headlights. Dunno if the output would be better or not though.

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/Skoda-fabia-vrs-front-xenon-head-lights-genuine-pair-/220735650474?pt=UK_CarsParts_Vehicles_CarParts_SM&hash=item3364debaaa <- Could be a good buy if the legalitys don't bother you.

Edited by TriggerFish

The legality around them is such a grey area that there are no "know brands" that make them, 99% of the kits are ebay jobbies, all imported from china.

Matt

Phillips, Hella and PIAA all make and sell HID kits.

They are all way over £200 a set so no one bothers to buy them.

Edited by DEAN0

Got mine from HID's direct, bit more pricey than the eBay jobbies but you get a warranty and its a quality bit of kit. I've got 'reduced glare' bulbs in mine, haven't been pulled over or flashed since I've had them in so I guess their doing their job.

IMO uprated bulbs are nowhere near the whiteness of HID's or indeed xenon's so wouldn't bother with them (unless you want more light rather than a whiter one).

Just my 2p.

Guest BigJase88

tbh i've had hid's on my first fabia, but when you get a car that has real xenon's you look back and realise what a pillock you looked...

real xenon's are awesome, and they look the part too with there projector lenses and crisp white colour of 4.3k

not this whole lense (halogen) filled in 6k mcdonalds car park blue, just looks trashy IMO :thumbup:

plus bugs the tits out of me when people blind me with them! i feel like smashing there heads in :D

tbh i've had hid's on my first fabia, but when you get a car that has real xenon's you look back and realise what a pillock you looked...

real xenon's are awesome, and they look the part too with there projector lenses and crisp white colour of 4.3k

not this whole lense (halogen) filled in 6k mcdonalds car park blue, just looks trashy IMO :thumbup:

plus bugs the tits out of me when people blind me with them! i feel like smashing there heads in :D

Hummmmm, this is now my thinking, and why i think i`m going to take mine out, wait till i can do a proper retrofit.

Matt

Id recommend HIDSDIRECT. Got mine from there and they were spot on, went through 3 sets off cheap ebay jobbies on my last car and I said next time I get them il pay the extra money and get a full warranty. (I know you get a warrenty with the ebay ones but try and get a replacement 2 months down the line after leaving feedback etc. Not gonna happen)

TBH tho as soon as I got mine froms HIDSDIRECT one ballast stopped working after about 20minutes. Emailed them and they sent me a new one so can really complain.

I for one as will many others, totally disagree with the above comments about them being a trashy mod. One of the best mods ive done to any car. Il agree real xenons are better, and if your prepared to pay around £500 for a used set then go for it, otherwise HIDs are the next best thing imo + All these uprated bulbs dont even come close to a set of HIDs.

Just make sure if you do go for HIDs, ensure there aligned properly. Nothing more annoying than being blinded by them

I have them in my fabia at the moment. While i disagree that they "blind everyone" they do give off a glare, its not as bad in most newer cars as some make out. My mates Ibiza`s look really good, she has a low heat rating so they look white, and almost OEM, better than my fabia.

HOWEVER, i`v seen some old cars with them looking awful, i will agree with jason in that they look cheap and nasty now, much like neons, they have had there day tbh, most dustbins have them fitted, which just cheapen`s them. This is all in my opinion of course. :rofl: In year or so they`ll all be outlawed anyway, so its almost a pointless argument now.

Matt