Bluetooth kit in Yeti?

ejstubbs

In my continuing quest to get a usable bluetooth hands free mobile phone setup in my Yeti, I contacted Skoda UK to ask what bluetooth version the kit supports. They didn't manage to answer my actual question, but instead advised that my Yeti would have the GSM3 software since it was built after week 22 of 2010.

I thought that all Yetis only had the GSM2 kit. Have Skoda UK got it wrong?

Yes.......

Elsie was built week 46 2010. My iPhone works perfectly. Therefore must be GSM2. Iphone doesn't work with GSM3.

Mike

In my continuing quest to get a usable bluetooth hands free mobile phone setup in my Yeti, I contacted Skoda UK to ask what bluetooth version the kit supports. They didn't manage to answer my actual question, but instead advised that my Yeti would have the GSM3 software since it was built after week 22 of 2010.

Always found them so...they even admitted they 'googled' one of my questions...professsional I don't think.

So the consensus is that Skoda UK are mistaken, as I had suspected.

This is just great: the information from phone manufacturer is decidedly dubious, and that from the car manufacturer is just plain wrong!

Why does bluetooth seem to be such a black art? How on earth are poor bloody customers supposed to get any kind of resolution - is the idea that we just keep buying stuff until it works? I don't want to play that game! :no:

This seems to be the norm for today. Years ago (yes I'm an ancient old git!)products used to be tested before being released to the customer and there was rarely a need to claim under guarantee. This was before all the so called consumer rights came along.

OK, so we did have to pay a bit more but over time the costs were the same or less. I once asked a manufacturer of domestic equipment (TVs, radios and white goods) why his prices had increased since my last order and he said "that's to cover the cost of the guarantee"!

I suppose that even the old adage that you only get what you pay for has been downgraded to "you only get what we can rip you off for"!

Fred