PC Base unit - AMD Athlon X2 6000+, Blu Ray, 4gb ram etc.

Timmyboy

Having a clear out - growing daughter wanting proper bedroom forces tactical move to laptop :)

All components originally used in an HTPC - hence opted for Gigabyte MA78GM-S2H motherboard as it can decode HD video natively and includes HDMI out and optical out as well as the usual DVI etc.

HTPC retired, moved everything over to a desktop case - this is a Gigabyte Triton, picture here - and added a brand new power supply.

Also comes with 4gb RAM, a multi card reader, a DVD re-writer and an HD-DVD / Blu Ray combo drive including light scribe. As I have no need for them, I'll also include a Microsoft multimedia keyboard and a pair of powered Dell speakers.

I've put one of my old IDE hard drives in it and performed a clean install of Windows 7 Home Premium 64bit - think it's a 250gb but you might want to think about sticking a newer SATA drive in. Windows installs in about 15 minutes nowadays :)

Windows is a boxed, retail version and includes DVDs for both 32bit and 64bit versions - this alone is worth over £100.

Looking for £150, no delivery on this I'm afriad so cash on collection only - Bristol eves and weekends or Swindon days.

Edited by Timmyboy

• 2 weeks later...

Yes potentially - I'm starting to think splitting might be the way to go, just waiting on one person at work to give me a definite yes or no on the whole lot. I'll check the model number and post the details up later.

Yes potentially - I'm starting to think splitting might be the way to go, just waiting on one person at work to give me a definite yes or no on the whole lot. I'll check the model number and post the details up later.

Cheersemoticon-0148-yes.gif

This is the one - linky

Last one on eBay went for £47.

AH,

Thought it was a Bluray ROM , Didnt realise it was a bd writer.. whats your best delivered to Ireland?

Cheers

No you were right the first time - it's only a DVD writer, it only reads Blu Rays and HD-DVDs. The LG site is confusing, borderline deliberately misleading :)

Let me know if you might want it and I'll check the shipping cost. I just checked the prices on second hand copies of Windows 7 Home Premium on eBay (can re-sell retail copies) and got a shock, so will probably get the screwdriver out over the weekend!

No you were right the first time - it's only a DVD writer, it only reads Blu Rays and HD-DVDs. The LG site is confusing, borderline deliberately misleading :)

Let me know if you might want it and I'll check the shipping cost. I just checked the prices on second hand copies of Windows 7 Home Premium on eBay (can re-sell retail copies) and got a shock, so will probably get the screwdriver out over the weekend!

Go on. Hit me with a price and I will give you an answer.

But to be honest.BDrom's can be got for less than £47 on ebay emoticon-0144-nod.gif

Yes for sure - you're basically paying a premium for the HD-DVD portion. If HD-DVD is not of interest to you, definitely makes sense to get a standard BD reader. You could easily buy new for the same kind of money.

I have a standalone HD-DVD player nowadays (and a Xbox 360 player sitting in the loft!) and roughly 40 discs - plenty of bargains to be had, especially on eBay.

I'd be looking for £40 realistically considering fees etc. Will get you a postage quote if need be.

Cheers :thumbup:

Yes for sure - you're basically paying a premium for the HD-DVD portion. If HD-DVD is not of interest to you, definitely makes sense to get a standard BD reader. You could easily buy new for the same kind of money.

I have a standalone HD-DVD player nowadays (and a Xbox 360 player sitting in the loft!) and roughly 40 discs - plenty of bargains to be had, especially on eBay.

I'd be looking for £40 realistically considering fees etc. Will get you a postage quote if need be.

Cheers :thumbup:

I guess you are right

I actually have a standalone Bluray player and a Toshiba HD player.

I have an xbox360 hd drive also that i can hook up to my pc via usb.

I actually only wanted this to rip some of my bluray/hd movies to put t my them on my media streamer.

I will have a look on ebay then

Thanks emoticon-0148-yes.gif

• 2 weeks later...