So glad i have got my vrs back!

My vrs has been in the dealers for 2 days & they gave me a 60 plate diesel roomster as a loan car,what a horrible thing it was to,underpowered & shockingly bad fuel economy,mine is better on juice & its a petrol! felt so much better in mine as the seats supported me,much nicer drive,i know you cant compare the 2 cars but what a great car my vrs is! ;)

Just take any loan car at face value, i always do when i get a loaner from the dealer - Its better than public transport, walking or costly taxis emoticon-0100-smile.gif

You say that I'm currently in a 1.0 Corsa that smells very odd and makes an awful racket under acceleration but then only shows 15mph on the speedo. FIX MY VRS PLEASE!!!!!!!

Edited by Moley RUFC

I used to have Roomster Scout in 1.6 16V and wasnt so bad like u said - of course you cant compare those two cars as a Roomy is some kind of family car or nice minivan :)

My vrs is a family car! :) the car itself wasnt so bad just the shockingly bad diesel engine! My 15 year old transit van had more acceleration & better fuel economy!

Did they sort your box ok?

Sort of,after 2 days investigating they couldnt find anything wrong,to be fair to them it was in november/december last year when the fault appeared & we had some bitterly cold weather here(-15)& id noticed the fault wasnt really there anymore but they wanted to check it out.They did say that the 6 speed box is very strong & there has been no known problems with it,its the 5 speed that has oil spec issues.The roomster i had as a loan car (60 plate,1300miles) was making the same noises as mine so i think its a case of they all do that! :) I put it down to the gear oil in the extreme cold weather.Its fine now. :)

I remember turning out of a dealer's in a 1.9 PD105 Octy courtesy and thinking it was broken! Literally no acceleration at all.

It's all down to what you're used to. I think random and lesser courtesy cars are a good idea. And it's had it's effect here - making you realise what a nice car you drive round in every day emoticon-0148-yes.gif

Well I got rid of the Corsa and picked up a Ikea Sportwagon. Driving to St Helens today in it and then hopefully I pick up 'Bert' later. The seats in this R Design are like something from a Latvian massage parlour (not I sure how I remember that.......sorry I mean know that) and the floating centre console is class...or did I mean cack. Anyway onwards and upwards, at least this one has 6 gears. I make this my 19th car I have driven in the last 2 years!

3f7199bb.jpg

1.4 TDI 70BHP and 1.9TDI 105BHP so yours was more than probably 1.4 :) as my Roomy used to have 1.6 16V petrol engine with 105BHP and was quite good :)

Yes it must of been a 1.4 as ive driven a few 1.9 vag cars & no way did this roomster have a 1.9 tdi in it.

I too had a 1.4tdi Roomster a few years back as a courtesy car and I agree, the engine was terrible. It actually sounded like an old van being a 3 pot, and I had to push it that hard to cope on the motorway the mpg was appalling. Same went for the 1.2 Fabia I had later as another courtesy car. Interesting noise (reminded me of my 6 cylinder BMW) but that flat it was rubbish on fuel.

Makes me laugh, they fit a smaller engine which is meant to be better on fuel but ends up worse as you have to work it harder to make it go.

Makes me laugh, they fit a smaller engine which is meant to be better on fuel but ends up worse as you have to work it harder to make it go.

Absolutely. It's what I found with the PD105 Octy courtesy as well. To go at the same pace I'd used to get to the dealer, the fuel economy wasn't exactly sparkling on the way back :D