Anyone else have a wind whistle with open window?

italo

Whenever I open the passenger side window, over about 45kph, a wind whistle starts, either from the wing mirror or the window frame, it's hard to pin down. Really strange as it is only on the passenger side. I wondered if the passenger side mirror was angled differently to the driver's side, but seems not. With the window shut, no whistle audible.

Has anybody else experienced this?

italo,

i've not noticed this but...

on the uk, right hand drive yeti, the body of the passenger side mirror is angled in towards the car about 10 degrees more than the drivers side mirror body.

presumably to give the same field of view from both.

on left hand drive cars i presume this will be reversed.

perhaps this is the cause of the whistling?

Edited by YetiClive

italo,

i've not noticed this but...

on the uk, right hand drive yeti, the body of the passenger side mirror is angled in towards the car about 10 degrees more than the drivers side mirror body.

presumably to give the same field of view from both.

on left hand drive cars i presume this will be reversed.

perhaps this is the cause of the whistling?

Thanks...I'll investigate the 10° difference. But if nobody else has this defect, then it must be something specific in my car. I'll take it back to the showroom and ask them.

Ciao!

• 1 month later...

Thanks...I'll investigate the 10° difference. But if nobody else has this defect, then it must be something specific in my car. I'll take it back to the showroom and ask them.

Ciao!

Just to close the story, twice I took the new Yeti to the skoda garage, but it was wet and rainy, and no whistle could be heard. Finally it was dry on the day I went there again and took a mechanic for a drive, he heard it. Within a few hours of leaving the car, they called to say it was fixed. They had found the passenger side mirror had not been assembled properly at the factory, fixed it and no more whistle!