Thinking of fitting Columbus navigation

When adding a Columbus, does the maxidot ot display navigational arrows, or is radio and track titles also added to the cycle while pressing the buttons on the stalk?

The maxidot should go into Nav display automatically when you have a route active on the Columbus unit. If you want radio or media displays, press and hold the up or down buttons on the end of the stalk, and select which display you want from the menu that appears. Only the nav display appears automatically, but if you wish to go into a different display mode whilst you have a route active, use the same method to bring up the menu.

Thanks for that. I know about the process for taking the Maxidot out of the Nav display mode - this used to work with the old head unit, but not with the Columbus, as I said, it takes over completely. It also does this in any other selected mode, i.e. if I select, for the sake of arguement, the 'Audio' display via the Maxidot menu, it is then latched into that mode and the only way to get back to the normal display is by switching the radio off.

I haven't dared touch anything to do with the firmware on my Columbus yet for fear of bricking it. If there's anyone here reasonably close to Gatwick Airport who has experience in sorting this sort of thing out, I would be very happy to reward their time and experience with numerous pints of beer!

Right...I've taken the plunge and upgraded the firmaware with the two table files swapped over. Limited success - the Maxidot no longer gets stuck in one mode, and the MFSW is talking to the Columbus now, but they only like to talk about volume, it would seem. The other buttons are still not functioning (apart from the utterly useless button which switches off the backlighting to the MFSW buttons!). Is the next step a newer CANbus here, or is it likely to be nothing more than a coding issue?