Haunted octavia - knock

Hmmm! I think my cars haunted :giggle:

Theres a funny pa-tonk kind of hollow maybe metal type knock :smirk:

It happens when you get drive the pasdenger front wheel into a shallow dip where it quickly goes down and up "pa-tonk" lol

At low speed you notice it cos lack off exhsust note etc

Theres no sign of any worn bushes???

On the kw kit there are 2 limiters on the strut it says to remove when you drop more than 40mm??( I have 20mm thread left so i dont know if that mean its 45mm down )

Basicly any idea guys?? Very weird ??

The guys had a peek but couldnt see anything without starting to take the n/s apart so im waiting to build some cash :D

Even on the mot ramp with the shaker plates nothing stood out??

Its not serious and no concerns but ooooo i know the knocks there :'( Damit

I wonder :

The strut? Top mounts? The kw restrictors

Sorry for the long blabber

3e26fcc7.jpg

Thread posted on the iphone so i'll correct any fudges lafer

Edited by Lloyd55vrs

na mate , in the kw booklet jimmy they go on about 2 limiters on the top of the coilie :wonder: they say 1 comes out to gofrom 40 to 55 then you take off 2nd to go 65mm

i just wondered if this was a option for the knock

I had something very similar, maybe more of a rubbing noise but could only hear it in the conditions you said. While car was getting some other work done had mechanic have a look, couldnt see anything so greased the coilover (weitec) and problem solved. Worth a try I guess.

From what you have said it sounds like it could be top mount. I had the same sort of thing happen to me, so took it back to the garage and they had fitted one of the top mounts the wrong way round.

:smirk: i looked under the bonnet at the top of the coilies , is this normal? i dont know if i noticed this gap before i lowered it more? i was wondering if this could be the knock, could those stops be keeping this from sitting down??? :p

a9de9ec5.jpg

6f6aabd0.jpg

Edited by Lloyd55vrs

dead topmount that dude, and in the picture thats the bumpstop, get it out and wind it dooooooooown

I was told there should be a bit of a gap? But it looked a fair gap to me lol

How easy would it be to get those stops out the same time as top mounts you reken?