Suspension mods for Fabia 1 TDi Estate

Hello folks

I've recently bought a Fabia Estate with the TDi engine and Comfort spec. It sits really high and I was wondering what my options are re lowering the car to make it look a bit nicer. I don't want it scraping on speed bumps everywhere, so I don't want to lower it too low.

I've been through a few posts, but I've never done suspension mods before, so don't really know what I'm doing. If I fit coilovers, so they replace the existing shocks and springs, or do I need to get lowered springs too?

I don't want to spend much money and I've read about JOM coilovers being about £200. Has anyone any comments about these? What effect will it have on ride comfort? I don't really want my teeth shaking out.

I'd also like to get hold of some vRS alloys to replace the current steel wheels with trims.

Another mod that looks useful is fitting a rear anti-roll bar - I saw a post someone did about fitting one to their estate. Anyone know of a good value one that would suit?

The car itself isn't worth loads, so I don't want to spend too much. Is it worth hunting around for second hand items?

Cheers

Al

• Sponsor

Depends on your budget really and what you want out of the upgrades.

The 2 you've mentioned are a good place to start with the JOM coilovers being very popular and the Whiteline rear ARB being a good choice to match with them.

Damian @ DPM Performance

Thanks Damian

I'm struggling to understand the different options for lowering. I see some people fit lowering spring and some fit coilovers.

Is there a laymans guide to this anywhere do you know?

I'm assuming coilovers replace the springs and dampers, but with lowering springs, you keep your existing dampers?

Cheers

Al

• Sponsor

Yeah exactly that. If you just use springs then you'd keep your exsisting dampers but you can also get a springs and shocks kit which will replace both and get you a set drop. A coilover kit also replaces both but allows you to also adjust the height.

Damian @ DPM Performance