The end of an era

VRSDanny

Well after owing my Fabia vRS for 4 and a half years, the time has come to move on and grow up a little bit. It has been an excellent car, totally faultless, and never failed to put a smile on my face. Over the years Ive put on 80k and £ for pleasure has been worth every penny!

I'm now selling up and getting my Dad's 06 plate Octavia vRS 2.0TFSI - I know its been looked after and how immaculate it is, and only covered 40k! This will be taking place over the next month or so when he gets his next car.

So this is my farewell to my cracking little car....

n569460583_1690173_7397.jpg

2993_155370400583_569460583_6460849_8233136_n.jpg

24098_10150148101790584_569460583_11740734_4620176_n.jpg

to this....

24098_10150148926170584_569460583_11760816_5157338_n.jpg

24098_10150148926045584_569460583_11760813_2551962_n.jpg

Nice, I'd love an Octy vRS mate - prepare for rocketing fuel bills/insurance/road tax though, haha!

I know insurance has gone from a steady £450 FC to £800FC, road tax is no longer £115 for a year but £225 (I think?) and fuel is 29mpg...ish lol :( but its quieter, comfier, a bit more grown up now im 23 and will be nice when I get the columbus sat nav unit in it!

I know insurance has gone from a steady £450 FC to £800FC, road tax is no longer £115 for a year but £225 (I think?) and fuel is 29mpg...ish lol :( but its quieter, comfier, a bit more grown up now im 23 and will be nice when I get the columbus sat nav unit in it!

Oh thats soooo old danny! LOL.

I was there when you took that 2nd picture!! Aww bless it!

Oh thats soooo old danny! LOL.

I was there when you took that 2nd picture!! Aww bless it!

I know, seems ages ago now, I think it was only 18 month since?

Didn't the turbo go pop???

It never went pop, I had it replaced as I knackered the fins on the impeller (I think).

Jesus! Wish I was 23 brother, I'm still driving a Fabia at 31!

haha, I dunno whats wrong with me?! I just feel I need a standard car again? Im in no way saying Fabia vRS's arent grown up, tbh I would deffinately own another! Just mine has been modified to suit a younger audience i think i.e. Lowered (and its uncomfortable), mapped, pd150 turbo, tints, de-wipered etc.

I'm 28 and stuck in the middle of trying to personalize my car but not be to childish with the mods. 23 is young to drive an octy vrs at that value. Lucky sod.

:giggle:

Ive had my eyes on more powerful things for some time, i.e. evo or exige but costs are still a tad silly for me at the moment, the octy lines up with everything and is quite comfy etc, so im rather excited about it. :thumbup:

Loving the fact you need comfort at 23! Lol. My 350z is lower and very stiff and would drive me round the bend if I had to drive it everyday now but it's great fun at weekends etc. I think you could have the fabia and something cheap as a 2nd car for a run about?

I've got a vauhall omega auto v6 worth nothing as a daily run about. Cheap as hell, comfy and auto which is great! Lol.

Loving the fact you need comfort at 23! Lol. My 350z is lower and very stiff and would drive me round the bend if I had to drive it everyday now but it's great fun at weekends etc. I think you could have the fabia and something cheap as a 2nd car for a run about?

I've got a vauhall omega auto v6 worth nothing as a daily run about. Cheap as hell, comfy and auto which is great! Lol.

I dunno just cant imagine having my Fabia as a weekend car lol. I'd rather have somthin proper silly for a weekend car n drive a banger all week. but good idea haha.