Detailing Meet Feeler

smog monster

That was enjoyable meet. A much better turnout than expected, and great weather for a change. It was also nice to see an old Skoda at a meet, too.

Thanks to SM for organising it and to Mike for showing us everything. :thumbup: I was surprised at the difference with using a machine polisher compared to good old elbow grease for getting rid of scratches, swirls etc. I think I'll have to buy (or borrow) one.

• Replies 65
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

was a good meet weather could not have been better mike is a top bloke who really knowes his stuff picked some good tips up on machine polishing nice to put some more names to faces great day overall

As we were leaving Mike kindly offered to hold another meet there very soon , so if anyone wants to go who could'nt make this one , or if you do want to go again then we will look at some dates

OK, if you insist!

Here are some I took outside. I didn't take any inside with Mike doing his work, I'm afraid.

dscf1112h.jpg

dscf1113edit.jpg

The rear's of cars taken a bit earlier.

dscf1107edit.jpg

dscf1108edit.jpg

Above pics Uploaded with ImageShack.us

However, This car was the star of the show! B) I didn't grasp his Forum name, that's if he was a member on here.

dscf1109edit.jpg

dscf1111edit.jpg

Where's the engine?

dscf1105edit.jpg

Here it is!

dscf1106edit.jpg

Above pics Uploaded with ImageShack.us

Edited by Jim H

Yeah, it was really cool to see the S110L I'll admit I thought it was an S100.

After sitting in its box for several years, I've finally unwrapped my polishing machine.

The instructions are in 12 languages, none of which are English,

but I've had a go on a couple of panels, pleasantly surprised by the results.

I havent tried any of that complicated correction stuff, just making it look shiny will do me,

in fact recognising its paint colour is a result!

Some great pictures jim yes that old skoda was like stepping back in time how things have changed lol nice to see it still running

Edited by Thurlby12

I'm sure other people here took pics on the day.

Anyone take any pics of Mike doing his work? I know Smog Monster did, anyone else? If you post them up, please remember to edit out number plates for privacy.